Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

End of the year

Article about: To all of you; have a great Christmas and a good and prosperous 2014 with lots of great new TR items for the collection and many new good books about this period. Take care! Wilhelm/Wim z-im

Default End of the year

To all of you; have a great Christmas and a good and prosperous 2014 with lots of great new TR items for the collection and many new good books about this period.

Take care!
    Wilhelm/Wim

z-img696 - kopie.jpg

z-img698 - kopie.jpg

z-img699 - kopie.jpg

Nick.... this is what she wears beneath her robe! I have many naughty ones this year........

Happy Christmas to you too Wim !

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Default A Happy Christmas to one and all :-)

6755.jpg

Wesołych Świąt i szczęśliwego Nowego Roku!
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

More Wartime Christmas pin ups for you Wim

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Please let this thread live.....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Nick,

some of the pin-ups I used in the past, years ago. Great to see them again (lower row: 2nd, 4th and last one).
    They are always nice to send, but they are not the naughtiest ones I do send. I can't show them here, as they
    will give "red cheeks" to the one or the other, but a few of my friends get one "of my most special ones" every year!

zimg635 - kopie.jpg

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Please let this thread live.....

...its Christmas

135.jpg

Clement Barker of Ipswich, Suffolk, wrote to his brother Montague on December 29th, 1914. Barker staff sergeant with the 1st Battalion Grenadier Guards, writes:

A messenger come over from the German lines and said that if we did not fire Xmas day, they (the Germans) wouldn’t so in the morning (Xmas day). A German looked over the trench – no shots – our men did the same, and then a few of our men went out and brought the dead in (69) and buried them and the next thing happened a football kicked out of our Trenches and Germans and English played football.

Night came and still no shots. Boxing day the same, and has remained so up to now.

This is an important contemporary eye-witness account of an event that even today is still questioned.

The History Blog » Blog Archive » WWI Christmas Truce letter on Antiques Roadshow

A cross, left in Comines-Warneton (Saint-Yvon, Warneton) in Belgium in 1999, to celebrate the site of the Christmas Truce during the First World War in 1914. The text reads: 1914 - The Khaki Chum's Christmas Truce - 1999 - 85 Years - Lest We Forget.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast