Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Equality.

Article about: by Adrian Dear All, Please can I take this opportunity to remind everyone that whilst you are participating on this forum to conduct yourselves in a manner which is understanding and toleran

Default Re: Equality.

For some ..it is difficult to take no for answer...which it has its pros and cons..the ( pro ) is not giving up and seeking the truth...the other is ( con ) ..which is a refusal to face reality. It is aggravating at times..but as you said David.....it gets to be harrowing after awhile,,.when people ask of its authenticity....and turn around and say "NO Its real" !! Why bother posting in the first place???...... but only for them,, its a support for their rationalization.
    People who keep thinking this way will always walk around in a lie. Doubt has brought them to this website of knowledge wealth.....but in turn and less research on their own part...including not looking like a Jackass,,...they will fight the truth because of their own pride,, in admitting they are wrong. We are all here to learn......bumps and bruises are a part of the learning process. Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 06-30-2013 at 02:03 PM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi, reading this thread, i could not let myself out of it.
    In these 3 and a half years of membership in this Forum you never seen or read any rude or disrespectful comment from my part.
    However, recently i know i have made 2 comments on two different occasions. One, because someone was "forcing" others to like he`s collecting themes, because not everyone was thanking him for the threads he created.(in my opinion). Second, was this last member who told everyone to go get f*****. Actually, those two situations made me respond because i simply did not enjoyed them. I know im not a Moderator and its not my job to educate but, those two situations showed a complete lack of respect.
    Hope i have not offended anyone.
    Cheers
    Nuno

Quote by Davidcwjones View Post
    Whilst we're on the subject, does it not annoy you when these people come and say real or fake SS helm or dagger, to which some of the more knowledgeable members state it's fake and reasons why, only for the op to turn around and argue well I think it's real! That's a serious annoyance to me lately lol. I can see why some people's patience runs out mind. Well said Adrian!
    I have seen this happening a lot of times indeed. But if i remember correctly they are newcomers making their first post or something like this. Usually these people have something which is a fake and they know it very well. They think that by being denial maybe they will convince us and someone will bite the bait and ask by PM to buy the item which would give them some easy cash.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Yeah your right they also tend to just post once aswell, no thank you or anything! Next time someone posts a pair of SS marked nunchuks I'm not saying anything until I see a please or a thank you.

I personally think that all political themes are not part of military history forum because it is very easy to be "politically uncorrect". So I avoid all these topics. Let's face it - there are some themes about the WWII and Third Reich we can not discuss openly any more in EU and USA.

So let's better just discuss about the historical items in our collections or about the items we want to purache but are not quite sure about the authenticy. Also here we can have different opinions but I belive rude comments are comming mostly from the persons who have bought a obvious fake for a lot of money. It is understandable that it will make anyone angry if it turns out that you have spent several thousands for nothing and the only one You can blame is Yourself. It is very same as in the stock market - if You had made a wrong buy, in many cases You will not sell it with a 20-30% loss but start to defend it and will loose like 80-90%.

But still - it is one of the best forums and moderators are doing a great job! I may not agree with them in every aspect but a moderator is like an senior officer - in war time situation You just have to obey the order or will be shot:-)

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    Hi, reading this thread, i could not let myself out of it.
    In these 3 and a half years of membership in this Forum you never seen or read any rude or disrespectful comment from my part.
    However, recently i know i have made 2 comments on two different occasions. One, because someone was "forcing" others to like he`s collecting themes, because not everyone was thanking him for the threads he created.(in my opinion). Second, was this last member who told everyone to go get f*****. Actually, those two situations made me respond because i simply did not enjoyed them. I know im not a Moderator and its not my job to educate but, those two situations showed a complete lack of respect.
    Hope i have not offended anyone.
    Cheers
    Nuno
    No sweat Nuno!...your comments are constructive for the integrity of the WRF. There is nothing wrong in posting a comment of warning..only...alert the Mods.....we will clean house if needed. One thing is for sure about the WRF...there are not certain days for trash pick up..The Mods are on call to remove it..before it begins to stink
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Don't forget, someone might have just joined the forum and thought they made a great buy and are showing it for accolades. Sometimes they don't always get it right and have to go through the denial stages of admitting their mistake which isn't always easy to do. None of us like admitting we've made a massive and expensive error because we then look foolish and no-one likes that. So whereas some people refuse to admit it, some also bite the bullet and can participate in ongoing discussions.

Don't assume everyone who live in denial at first will be 'one of those types', it can take time to accept. Those who blatantly refuse and then resort to insults and abusive language are dealt with but everyone should be given a chance.

There has also been a spate of members recently too quick to dismiss new members showing expensive items with a 'is it real, what's it worth' question. Some members automatically think these people are scammers, trying to make a quick buck and rip people off.

It saddens me to read established members here treating new members with this automatic disdain. Just because someone has posted an SS helmet in their first post and wants to know if it's real and what value can be placed upon it doesn't make them a scammer. I have no idea why some people are so quick to jump in and judge.

The new member might say I want to know the value but it's not for sale, the next question is 'if it's not for sale, why do you want to know the value?'

This little exchange in some people's eyes is enough to dismiss this as a scam. In what world can you deduce a scam is forthcoming just because someone has asked for a value on an item they don't want to sell? It means absolutely nothing. Until that person tries an 'under the counter' move, don't be so quick to judge. You have no right or no evidence the new guy is a scammer unless you've seen the piece in another collection or you own that item. Give people a chance, don't judge people so quickly, don't dismiss people as scammers after one post.

You have no idea why they want to know the value, insurance maybe? Future sale when times are hard? It's always good to know the SS helmet Granddad brought back and has been played with by the kids might be worth something. Now is the time to take it away from them and put it safe. The person might not want to sell it, their prerogative but just because they also want to be able to place a value on it doesn't make them a scammer.

Some new members have been given a rough ride lately and it is very disappointing to say the least. This forum is a friendly and open civilisation to all those who want to join in and participate within the rules and with acceptable conduct. Unfortunately some are getting a bit to quick to draw conclusions because 'they've seen it all before'. That 'aint necessarily so.

When I see the nooses being tied, the pitchforks gotten out of the shed and the torches lit for a new guy with a couple of posts I wonder what the hell this place has turned into. Just remember, some people are new and inexperienced, some people don't have English as their first language, some people don't know how the forum and the society we have built works. Have a bit of patience and tolerance until such time as there is reason not to.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Well said Adrian!
    This is the way I try to approach any new threads, be it from a lifetime member or a new member, that I view.
    If I can't think of something constructive to post, I will leave it until a later time when I can.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thank you Mod Adrian for writing what i have felt some time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3