Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Facebook friends!

Article about: Hey all! Since i love this place very much (and by this place i mean the members) i thought why not start a thread about us getting to know each other via facebook where we can see each othe

Default Re: Facebook friends!

I always hear that people hate the use of FB others do and they are afraid of someone not knowing very good seeing their personal info. Well if you use your fb in a clever way it can be extremely helpfull! i.e. i mainly use to be in touch with close friends and participate in countless groups that are WW2 related. I've found many collectors from allover the world there and people in our field that have gained my respect with their knowledge! Also fb use the information i provide it in order to suggest me more WW2 related groups, pages and links. So i have unlimited access to information and pages in my field of interest.
    FB's privacy policy is very well made and you can limit the audience you are refering to when posting something (i.e. a photo, video, note etc etc).
    If someone you don't know very well tries to search you will never be able to find you if you know how to use facebook's abilities!

Trond you are a man after my own heart. I hate cell phones too. Not on Facebook either. But Lez is (24 hours a day.......)

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    FB's privacy policy is very well made and you can limit the audience you are refering to when posting something (i.e. a photo, video, note etc etc).
    If someone you don't know very well tries to search you will never be able to find you if you know how to use facebook's abilities!
    I understand your point, but the real question anybody using that service should ask themselves is: "Do I have unlimited trust in Facebook Inc., whom I so generously supply with heaps of personal information?"

Your next-door neighbor may not have access to everything you upload - although, given a history of security glitches, even that is not truly certain - but they do, and you, as a user, have no control whatsoever over what they do with it.

?

Just press the like button, and you will see who from the forum members are liking the forum in facebook. We have account there https://www.facebook.com/war.relics
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I understand your point, but the real question anybody using that service should ask themselves is: "Do I have unlimited trust in Facebook Inc., whom I so generously supply with heaps of personal information?"

Your next-door neighbor may not have access to everything you upload - although, given a history of security glitches, even that is not truly certain - but they do, and you, as a user, have no control whatsoever over what they do with it.
    I, personally, don't have any problem with that because i'm very careful on what i share with Facebook. If Facebook Inc. is so interested on what songs and what photos i upload then they are complete losers. You have to be in control on what you share in public! And the things i share are of the least importance! No very personal informations, no exact hometown and no drug/weapon/threatening material so no worries! Like any other thing in life, if you can control the use of it you are it's master and it works only for your benefit!

Quote by Kevin Grootaers View Post
    sorry i deleted my Facebook profile.
    I also deleted mine - then a few months later FB re-established it automatically and now I have forgotten my password so I cant get back on to delete myself again .....GRRR!!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Facebook used sensibly is a great way of communicating and sharing with friends and family.

Also what company these days can afford not to use the enormous benefits FB/Twitter brings to their business?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I also deleted mine - then a few months later FB re-established it automatically and now I have forgotten my password so I cant get back on to delete myself again .....GRRR!!!!
    Heeheehee

Leonardo Lukinić, my profile photo is where im standing in a creek hehe

No Face Book for me and I don't text either.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast