Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fake or Fantasy Stick Pins

Article about: I wanted to start an ongoing thread to post stick pins that have already been deemed to be either fakes or fantasy items. I don't want to limit it to just Third Reich pins. I myself collect

?

Default Fake or Fantasy Stick Pins

I wanted to start an ongoing thread to post stick pins that have already been deemed to be either fakes or fantasy items. I don't want to limit it to just Third Reich pins. I myself collect WWI, Weimar Republic and WWII pins. The idea of course is to build a database for collectors to use as a reference when dealing with questionable stickpins. Feel free to post anything appropriate with an explanation as to how it was exposed or a link to where it has already been discussed and found to be fake. Please refrain from posting anything that is inconclusive on this thread. If you have something you have doubts about, start a new thread as you normally would to determine if its authentic. If it has then been exposed as fake or fantasy then you can post the photo's and the link to the original discussion. I hope this thread can be of use to future collectors as I've been burnt a few times myself.

?

Default Amerikadeutscher Volksbund stick pin

?

Default Schutzstaffel Zivilabzeichen stickpin

It's time to put this one to rest. These pins are circulating everywhere at a fairly heft price and appear very convincing to the less knowledgeable collector including myself. There are numerous threads on the forum, and the consensus is that they are fake. Here are just a few links to read up on.

Schutzstaffel SS stickpin help please

Hoffstätter made SS-ZA stickpin

SS Anstecknadel - real or fake

?

Great thread. I have some duds I will add here later.

?

Here's an assortment of pins that shouldn't fool anybody...but do...

These pieces of slag are made of crude lead, and have a strange, untwisted pin with a loop on the head affixed to the rear. However, from the front, in poorly lit and blurry photos, some of them can appear like worn originals. I acquired all these in a group of 23 stickpins in a blurry, front only photo with no pins visible. The price was reasonable if even a little less than half turn out to be originals, so I took the gamble. Fortunately, about half the pins turned out to be original...so my gamble paid off in the end
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Another junk SS stickpin, though I doubt this was made to deceive but more likely sold for a few bucks from a junky catalog...very shiny, no twist on pin

?

A 16mm IAB in Bronze...almost completely lacking in details...top of the eagle's head has some clipped metal protruding...no twist on pin. Shouldn't fool anyone, but younger me thought it was a neat take on the badge...I was dumb, but fortunately only $20 dumb

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast