Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

a familiar looking german lid

Article about: hiya guys i was just looking on eBay & guess what i found this German lid with Normandy camo & why is it special well i use to own it before selling it a few months ago on...........

?

Default a familiar looking german lid

hiya guys

i was just looking on eBay & guess what i found this German lid with Normandy camo & why is it special well i use to own it before selling it a few months ago on....................................yes you guessed it eBay & to the person now selling it & they want alot more for it then they paid which was about £50 i think well there you go they say its a small world

GERMAN HELMET 64/M40 on eBay (end time 05-Dec-09 17:09:52 GMT)

& yes its def a repro but i dident have to tell you guys now did i
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Default Re: a familiar looking german lid

Hi Nick,
    I've notice now that the seller has owned up as of Today (28 th) and revised the listing to state that's its a repro

Funny that after you highlighted the fact on here

This is the problem with Ebay, you sell something in good faith, and then some enterprising so and so decides to sell the item on as genuine although they now full well its a reproduction.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Hi there, The reason he revised was because I told him lol i posted it up on walhalla.se and they all told me it was fake and then they gave me the link to this thread lol so yeah my email telling him the helmet was faked made him take it down from £150 to £50 and I swooped in for the kill and bought it! Tis a nice looking and helmet

?

Quote by HerrPetomer View Post
    Hi there, The reason he revised was because I told him lol i posted it up on walhalla.se and they all told me it was fake and then they gave me the link to this thread lol so yeah my email telling him the helmet was faked made him take it down from £150 to £50 and I swooped in for the kill and bought it! Tis a nice looking and helmet
    LOL Nice one
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

It wouldn't fool many, but it was a good call, about time some of these morons got their ar*** kicked into shape

Yeah, quite lucky i posted it on walalla and had it checked by the guy there! lucky the link from this thread was posted to! Had to let the guy know that he isnt fooling us!

?

& also i did send him a timely reminder when i saw it that i once owned it & that he bought it from me also that yes it was a replica atleast he listen & changed it all before some poor fool fell for it

nice job herrpetomer its £50 less then i originally paid for it

it goes to show you .looking at the outer shell i was imediatley taken in ,obviously on the inside its as new .the liner is unmarked and there is no age patina on the inner shell.