Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Family Military Items

Article about: Hey i guys i want to start a thread on family items. I saw that a lot of people have inherited there families Uniforms/Medals/and misc. Post your items! Even if its the smallest item still p

Default Re: Family Military Items

A Red Army grandfather and an Italian fascist grandfather! A Hell of a mix there, Joe!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

My Australian Grandfathers Medals
    QX 21155 Pte Frank Ivan Buckingham
    2/31st Australian Infantry Battalion,2nd AIF
    Mick
    Attached Images Attached Images

I Love that Compass, lovley inscription

I have shown my father's medals, cap badge and two pictures of him previously. The stars of my collection.
    Last edited by Jerry B; 04-29-2012 at 11:03 AM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

My father's medal group and ribbon bar-also unit shoulder patches for 2/3 Anti Tank Regt, 2nd AIF and 'dog tag'-he wasn't a great one for souveniring but did have a 90th Light Div panzergrenadier's paybook that I donated to the WA Army museum in the 1980s.

?

Ive got a few of my Dads bits here,he is still very much with us at the age of 86 (his birthday yesterday) I have these bits as I am doing him a nice little display case for his wall, they include his medals,paybook,grenadier shoulder flashes,guards armoured div ever open eye badges,grenadier cap badge and his brass plaque they had on their bunks, should be nice when finished and I will of course post a finished pic

?

My Grandfathers medal here I think is the most poingnant one for me, During the war my Nan thought that he was seeing other women, when in fact he was in an Auxillery unit being trained in Explosives, Stealth, and Silent Kills, along with training on the Bren and Sten. he wasnt allowed to divulge this information until the year 2000 which is when AT LAST he received his medal

here is his auxillery unit badge

I do have other small items from him but nothings spectacular sadly

?

I also have a lot of items from My relative who I am researching the history on , he was my Nans Brother in Law, I can post them up this week if you would like , im trying to scan all the pics up so i have a nice copy of them

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    A Red Army grandfather and an Italian fascist grandfather! A Hell of a mix there, Joe!
    What's worse is that my Red Army grandfather married an ethnic German! My grandpa and grandma really went to war when they argued!

We have a few things that have been passed down from my father to son but this is the most significat item that have been passed to us, in my opinion. The photos are of a shaving kit that belong to my grandfather while being held in one of the Burma Prison Camps. His name and what I am assuming is his billet number are etched in the bottom of the bakelite case, along with the date. My grandfather was a soldier in the Royal Dutch Army and was taken prisoner when the army capitualted to the Japanese. The photo is of my grandfather post war.

ShavKit03.jpg

ShavKit02.jpg

ShavKit01.jpg

Opa.jpg

Russ & Son

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast