Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Farewell to a Friend.

Article about: Adrian, i feel your loss immensely, i too lost two dogs in the space of a year, one 8yrs old, the other 17yrs old, i could accept the 17yr old but not the 8yr old as he was a big strong moun

?

Default Farewell to a Friend.

As some of you know I work as a Dog Handler for the MoD. I really enjoy my job but on days like today I would give anything not to do it.
    I had to say goodbye to my friend and partner of five and a half years Milo. He went into the vets today for an exploratory operation to find out the cause of an apparent bladder weakness and during the op an aggressive cancer was found attached to a cyst within his abdomen. It was very advanced and untreatable so unfortunately the best and only decision was to put him to sleep while he was under anesthetic.
    Fortunately, his illness wasn't apparent on the outside and he didn't suffer any physical deterioration nor was he in pain for which I am grateful and up until my last shift with him on Tuesday night, he was still full of life, energy, eager to be out with me and wanting to play.
    He was a good looking dog and despite his appearance, build and the fact he was trained to bite and hang on, he was the softest and friendliest dog with such an amiable nature, everyone loved him and loved to see him around the site.
    I feel very privileged to have been his handler and shall miss him dearly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Adrian; 09-23-2011 at 05:18 PM.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Default Re: Farewell to a Friend.

you must miss him dearly. just from the pictures and the story i feel very sorry for you and your companion.
    I bet he was thinking about you all the time.

cheers,
    patrick

How sad Adrian, you must be heartbroken. I know how you guys are so attached to your dogs

May he rest in peace

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I am so sorry for your loss! As a K9 lover and one who has worked with dogs, I feel your pain. I will pray for you and Milo!

Dogs are not my cup of tea,but you speak of him like a so good and faithfull friend that i feel really sad for you.Your pics of him are speaking by themselves:you had a human relationship with him.I hope one day you find a dog as colol as him.

You will rarely find me with a tear in my eye but the lose of a non-human companion will do it every time.
    Their love and loyalty is unconditional.

I'm sorry my friend ... enjoy the memories.

Rudy
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

?

Very sorry to hear about Milo! I am a dog lover as well and know what it is like to lose a close friend like that. He was a very good looking boy. You have my prayers. R.I.P. Milo

Sorry for your loss, Adrian!

Rest in peace Milo.

Sorry to for your loss, our thoughts go out to you and others Milo has touched!

A MESSAGE FROM VALHALLA

You were with me to the very end and even after I had "gone" you held me, and as my soul left my body and I looked down and saw you crying, I wanted so much to tell you that I understood. You did this for me.

I tried to tell you in my own way that it was time for me to leave, and I thank you for understanding. No other will take my place, but those I left behind will need your love and affection as I have had.

You still think of me, and there are times you try to hide your tear-filled eyes....but please...be happy and think not of sadness, but of how I made you happy and made you laugh at the funny and smart things I did.

There are no fences in Valhalla, for no one has the desire to "dig out".

There are no thunderstorms in Valhalla, therefore fear is never present.

There are no fights in Valhalla. Everyone is congenial.

There is no hunger. There is no thirst. There is much to explore. Many of us who are older take care of the little ones and guide them. It's fun watching them run with their ears flopping and their curly tails wagging.

We have four seasons in Valhalla, and most of us agree, winter is our favorite.

So you see, my loved one, I am very happy...

When it comes time for my friends to leave, I will meet them at the gates of Valhalla, and I will acquaint them with this beautiful and serene place, and I will take care of them for you.

Thank you for loving me, caring for me, and having the courage to let me go with dignity.

JANE.S.SMITH
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast