Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Farewell to a Friend.

Article about: Adrian, i feel your loss immensely, i too lost two dogs in the space of a year, one 8yrs old, the other 17yrs old, i could accept the 17yr old but not the 8yr old as he was a big strong moun

Default Re: Farewell to a Friend.

Very sad news about Milo, I've spent my life with dogs around and I know of the influence they have on those around them.

All the best Adrian

Thanks

Danny

?

I am sorry to hear of your loss Adrian I have had dogs( Blue heelers) as companions and have worked beside them my hole life since I was a young child it is like loosing a member of your family I feel your pain my friend.

Condolences Mark K and family

sorry to hear your loss adrian ,can i say what a hansome dog milo was, he looked a real character

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, Adrian. I know what it's like to lose a best friend of a dog.

RIP

My wife & I are very sorry to hear of the loss of your companion and partner, Milo. As we well know, our dogs are a big part of our family - they love us unconditionally and are always happy to see us. There is no greater love. Milo looked like a beautiful dog and looks like he came from a good bloodline. We know you have many happy memories of him. Thank you for yours and Milo's service for the country. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Best regards,
    Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Your Pets In Heaven
    by Ken D. Conover

To have loved and then said farewell, is better than to have never loved at all.
    For all of the times that you have stooped and touched my head, fed me my favorite treat and returned the love that I so unconditionally gave to you.
    For the care that you gave to me so unselfishly.
    For all of these things I am grateful and thankful.

I ask that you not grieve for the loss, but rejoice in the fact that we lived, loved and touched each others lives. My life was fuller because you were there, not as a master/owner, but as my FRIEND.

Today I am as I was in my youth. The grass is always green, butterflies flit among the flowers and the Sun shines gently down upon all of God's creatures.
    I can run, jump, play and do all of the things that I did in my youth. There is no sickness, no aching joints and no regrets and no aging.

We await the arrival of our lifelong companions and know that togetherness is forever.
    You live in our hearts as we do in yours. Companions such as you are so rare and unique.
    Don't hold the love that you have within yourself. Give it to another like me and then I will live forever. For love never really dies, and you are loved and missed as surely as we are.

Your Pets In Heaven
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Adrian-
    I understand your feelings. The German Shephered is a special breed that closely bonds with his master. I lost my Klaus on January 3rd. He had lost his sight and it got to te point he no longer could find his water bowl. He was getting senile and was in terrible pain from arthritis. He was special and I will always miss him. Your dog was a beautiful creature. I am truly sorry for your loss.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Very sorry to hear of the loss of your partner and mate, as a dog owner who has suffered similar losses in the past I know exactly what you are going through. Best wishes, Dave.

I've always had dogs in my life from the first day I had memory of and beyond. They're not just Animals-they truly are our closest Friends. A dog will think you're wonderful even if the world condemns and hates you. How does that German motto go again? "Though all the World desert you-we will still be true." It may well have been written for dogs. No other "animal" including most Humans will give their life for you without a seconds hesitation. Would your wife? Your children? Dogs will. If that isn't love, then no one knows what is. They give you everything they have and never a complaint. They suffer our hardships and agonies-always by our side-always wanting to help. Do they ever think of leaving? Going to find a better and easier life? Never. They give us their best and they deserve Our best. It is our terrible duty to help them end their suffering when no other help is possible. But, for what they have given to Us, that is our price we have to pay. They would Never let us hurt-and we cannot do any less for them when they need us. For truly unconditional love and faithful companionship, we have to pay the unthinkable price of pain when their short lives come way too soon to an end. Such a paradox...but you'll find it no other place in all the animal kingdom. It reminded of a piece by Rudyard Kipling about dogs...

A DOG FOR JESUS
    I wish someone had given Jesus a dog
    As loyal and loving as mine
    To sleep by His manger and gaze in His eyes
    And adore Him for being divine.

As our Lord grew to manhood His faithful dog
    Would have followed Him all through the day
    While He preached to the crowds and made the sick well
    And knelt in the garden to pray.

It is sad to remember that Christ went away
    To face death alone and apart
    With no tender dog following close behind