Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Favorite non military knife?

Article about: I wanted to see other peoples preference in knives. Post your favorite non-military knife that you OWN! They can be from any era, just commercial. Mine is this Buck 107, this is from when Bu

?

Default Re: Favorite non military knife?

I like the old Bucks.
    My favourite Buck is a decades old Model 110, which still is in fine condition with almost zero blade play - a testament to the skills of the Buck knifemakers.
    I also have a mint 119 (of course) and a titanium 186, which I find quite interesting and of groundbreaking design. Sadly it was quickly discontinued, as morons took it apart and the factory had to put them back together with no charge to the customer - not a very profitable endevour. It was discontinued in favour of a successor, which could not be taken apart (I never understood the problem - it only takes but a few minutes to take the 186 apart and re-assemble it).

As Im a knife geek, Ill be hard pressed to name just one favourite non-military knife.

Might be the custom made Bowie, I had made in the US a few years ago or the knife a knifemaker friend made for me to my specs - the jury is still out on that one. I have another custom job incomming and might report back, as that one might become my favourite knife 'de jour.' (it changes with the knives, which one is the favourite, LOL).
    Last edited by Scout; 04-29-2013 at 12:19 PM.

I have, only a small knife purchased at a workshop. But i would love to own one of the modern Eickhorn made knife.
    Maybe the Fairbairn sykes dagger made by Eickhorn.

CBH
    ?

I'd say my USMC ka-bar , it's a remake of there WWII design . Made by ka-bar to there original specs . Tough as nails with a large sharp blade .

?

Quote by AIF View Post
    Well not exactly a knife... But my leatherman wave would have to be my favourite that thing takes an absolute beating... I have had it for around 8 or so years and use it almost daily for all sorts of jobs.
    I could not agree more also my knife/multi tool of choice and carry and use mine near everyday I as well have had mine for about 8 years .

Regards Mark K
    Attached Images Attached Images

I wouldnt mind a buck 186, but since their discontinued they are expensive...
    Quote by Scout View Post
    I like the old Bucks.
    My favourite Buck is a decades old Model 110, which still is in fine condition with almost zero blade play - a testament to the skills of the Buck knifemakers.
    I also have a mint 119 (of course) and a titanium 186, which I find quite interesting and of groundbreaking design. Sadly it was quickly discontinued, as morons took it apart and the factory had to put them back together with no charge to the customer - not a very profitable endevour. It was discontinued in favour of a successor, which could not be taken apart (I never understood the problem - it only takes but a few minutes to take the 186 apart and re-assemble it).

As Im a knife geek, Ill be hard pressed to name just one favourite non-military knife.

Might be the custom made Bowie, I had made in the US a few years ago or the knife a knifemaker friend made for me to my specs - the jury is still out on that one. I have another custom job incomming and might report back, as that one might become my favourite knife 'de jour.' (it changes with the knives, which one is the favourite, LOL).

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    I could not agree more also my knife/multi tool of choice and carry and use mine near everyday I as well have had mine for about 8 years .

Regards Mark K
    I have had mine since 95, does everything you want except pull corks, but as I rarely drink wine not a problem IMHO
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by AmericanKraut View Post
    I wouldnt mind a buck 186, but since their discontinued they are expensive...
    Understandably so, its a beaut.

Be patient. One will eventually pop up at the right Price and you can grab it - thats how I got mine.

I bought mine to use it, but its almost in too good condition, so I might sell it and buy a user.

I did talk to a guy who made damascus blades, so one could retrofit it to the 186. Would be neat.

AIF
    ?

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post

Regards Mark K
    What model is that one Mark? It looks nice

My loyal hunting companion.
    I just love this thing.
    1.jpg2.jpg

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

SOG FLash II, my everyday use knife.

One hand assisted opener that stays in place with its pocket clip and holds an edge quite well. It is always right there and handy when you need it.
    Regards,
    John

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast