Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Favourite Military Novel?

Article about: Thanks guys, you've just sorted my holiday reading out!

Default Favourite Military Novel?

As much as i love reading non-fiction books regarding warfare and history, i also love spending my spare time reading novels which tend to revolve around WW1. One of my favourites has to be The Blasphemer by Nigel Farndale aswell as The Last Casualty by Ben Elton.

Does anyone else have any military based novels which they enjoy?

Default Re: Favourite Military Novel?

I quite enjoyed reading all the Sven Hassel books!...

"Battle Cry" by Leon Uris, written in 1962. A great fictional story about the US Marine Corps in WWII. Could very well be authentic.

I am dreading the day that my Father finds out that I have his book: it has been used alot, I have read it many, many, many times and it cannot be purchased anymore, sold out from the stores here in Denmark.....

I love that book.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Quote by Little Mermaid View Post
    "Battle Cry" by Leon Uris, written in 1962. A great fictional story about the US Marine Corps in WWII. Could very well be authentic.

I am dreading the day that my Father finds out that I have his book: it has been used alot, I have read it many, many, many times and it cannot be bought anymore, sold out from the stores here in Denmark.....

I love that book.
    Based on your recommendation i have just ordered it from amazon

Great choice, girly!
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Well, it set me back a whole 1p plus postage so you better pray i enjoy it!!!

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I quite enjoyed reading all the Sven Hassel books!...
    All of his books were favorites when I was a teenager, but my favorite from a few years earlier was Tramp in Armour by Colin Forbes and I bought a hardback copy a few years back, still enjoyed it, but not as much, a little bit boys own for my adult tastes, but still a cracking good read.

Tramp in Armor by Colin Forbes - Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

The Forgotten Soldier by Guy Sajer was good. It was supposedly written as a true account but it is now considered a novel.

I liked the series starting with The Lieutenants by W.E.B. Griffin, and The Corps, also by Griffin.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    The Forgotten Soldier by Guy Sajer was good. It was supposedly written as a true account but it is now considered a novel.
    I've read this too and thought it was a great book, but there seemed to be too many inaccuracies to be a true account but i still enjoyed it!..

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast