Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

A few things.

Article about: It will be interesting to see if any of the negative "pot stirrers" have the intestinal fortitude to post on this thread. For those who collect relics, do you close your eyes to wh

Chris, I dont think its a case of banning people, if they are not happy here they should grow a pair fall on their sword and just leave, they can then go and gossip all they want on other forums
    Ben

Having followed this matter since the first post on the first (now deleted) thread and feeling quite strongly about this whole affair, I rather felt like adding my comments on this thread.

However, by now there really is no need to do so:

Anything meaningful that I could possibly say on the issue is to be found in the above posts by Adrian, Anon, Big Ned and Gary J.

So, suffice it to say that I agree with these statements 100 %.

I had a feeling this was getting out of hand, but receiving death threats for something which at worst can be described as a poor choice (no offense intended) is downright cowardly and pathetic.
    If any members here made the threats they should as Ned said be banned and reported to the police.

I must admit i was somewhat bemused when the thread appeared stating that the moderator was part of the show, but now i'm thankful that i counted to ten and managed to keep my big gob shut. I've said before on here we are all but human, we can and have all made a choice which has made others criticise us, but death threats? grow a pair of balls!...

?

For clarity, I did not say anyone from this forum had made threats.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

i work overseas so what channel was this programme??

What is required here is strong leadership at the highest level instead of dilly-dallying and hoping it will all go away. Though I doubt it's been members here who have been issuing death threats, more likely non collectors or random trolls on Twitter and Facebook, there has been a steady flow of invective and hatred thrown about in both P.M's to the moderators and in general posts (now deleted) on the forum by certain 'characters'.

Not happy with that, they have then taken these feelings of ill will and posted them on other forum's whilst continually bad mouthing WRF, it's moderators and membership. The very way these people have acted shows that they do not have the honour to do the right thing and 'Grow a pair' or 'Fall on their sword' as honourable men do not act like they have in the first place, hoping that they will is pure folly. They should be banned now as this will not end until they are. It will continue the next time something like this crops up once again, unless something that though difficult, needs to be done.

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Although I whole heartedly agree with most of what Big Ned has to say, we shouldn't be going down the rout of banning people instantly because they dare to berate moderator's or other member's for their behaviour. There is a world of difference between trying to defame someone's character and questioning their behaviour. Even moderator's are capable of abusing their position on this forum, and members should not be cowed into silence by the threat of a ban when they feel they have a genuine grievance. The last thing we need is a level governance that cannot be held to account.

I would suggest to any forum member that before they post anything on this website they should bear in mind it is going to be seen globally, and therefore they should ask themselves if their comments are likely to cause offence to someone else. We all have our own interests in the field of collecting, and it is fair to say that many arguments are caused by people who cannot accept other points of view that differ from their own. Attacks on the integrity of forum members can cause much distress to those targeted. Lets not go down the rout of Facebook - the cause of so much hurt to so many. It isn't that long ago that I was actually berated for suggesting that such things happen on this wonderful forum which is populated by so many friendly people. Lets keep it that way please.

"They should be banned now as this will not end until they are. It will continue the next time something like this crops up once again, unless something that though difficult, needs to be done."

I've got to agree Ned, if they've been sending abusive PMs show them the door!...

"and members should not be cowed into silence by the threat of a ban when they feel they have a genuine grievance." This is true Steve well said!....

I don't know who sent abusive or insulting pm's to Adrian or any other members or mods, but he does as do those who took that action and if any action is to be taken on this, that is up to Adrian or any others who received such messages.

As regards any members who posted their unhappiness on other forums, they were noted and again as yet no course of action has been decided and perhaps nothing will be done about that, though one member here posted images and comments from other threads from here on another forum and took them out of their original context and twisted them to suit his own agenda and I think that member will probably be shown the door, though that is only my opinion.

In many ways this episode has been damaging to this forum, but it seems that we are now pulling together and will come out of this stronger than we were before.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

In all fairness it does appear that the moderators have banned a couple of members recently who seem to only have posted negatively with little benefit to the forum.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast