Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Film critics are full of sh!t

Article about: I watched this last night DVD Review - Dawn of Evil: Rise of the Reich (2009) | Flickering Myth a very strange but often funny film about Hitler living in a doss house in Vienna.

?

Default Re: Film critics are full of sh!t

Best war film that Ive seen recently is "Beneath Hill 60" about the tunnellers in WWI. Thanks to one of our antipadean friends for putting me onto it some time ago. (I think it was ReneB)

Regards etc

Ina D

AKA:Jimpy

?

I'd like to point out that Iron Sky isn't meant to be a war film; rather political satire, something which I think it did pretty well.

Nitram

I may be controversial here, but I rather like Inglorious Basterds, I’ve watched it 7-8 times ha-ha
    As Glenn66 said, I feel it’s a good movie for a late night when a few beers have been flowing!

I think it must be difficult now to make a good war movie, when most of the areas have been covered in the past, plus times have changed now what with all the PC which seems to have crept into every part of modern day life

?

Beneath Hill 60 is a good film, well worth a watch I thought!!!.Has anybody seen the film A bridge too far???????. I heard that is meant to be pretty good!!! Only joking...probably the best film ever!! Cheers Terry.

Quote by Tango View Post
    Beneath Hill 60 is a good film, well worth a watch I thought!!!.Has anybody seen the film A bridge too far???????. I heard that is meant to be pretty good!!! Only joking...probably the best film ever!! Cheers Terry.
    Beneath Hill 60, I will have to give that a go!

Obviously A Bridge too Far is an excellent film, was watching it last week, my only disappointment was some of the props they used, the tanks they used were obviously modern day and some of the German helmets were not very convincing but I guess that’s to be expected in the late 70’s and I am being over critical. That’s the only drawback now I am into this hobby, I pick up on things like that now, years ago I would not have even noticed!!!

BTW Terry, did not realise those deacts were yours in the other thread, excellent lookers!!!

Anyone seen this CLINT EASTWOOD directed flick "LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA"seen through the eyes of the japanese soldiers,incredibly well acted.regards minnie.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I know its not a War Movie as such, but i think Band of Brothers is hard to beat, i watch it from start to finish every couple of months !! haha make sure you have a nice large HD TV and Surround Sound System, it blows me away every time i watch it !!

Hi

I thought War Horse was a great film and so was the book. Though I do agree Battleship is just a overall "tacky" film. Just my opinion.

Cameron

- - Updated - -

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    I know its not a War Movie as such, but i think Band of Brothers is hard to beat, i watch it from start to finish every couple of months !! haha make sure you have a nice large HD TV and Surround Sound System, it blows me away every time i watch it !!
    Hi

Now that has to be one of the best series ever made! I never get bored of watching it!

Cameron

The scenes in BBC Bird song were very good and very realistic. I watched War Horse last night but did not really enjoy it however, the play is something else.
    It would be nice to see Spielberg do a WW1 epic.

Quote by davesap250 View Post
    The scenes in BBC Bird song were very good and very realistic. I watched War Horse last night but did not really enjoy it however, the play is something else.
    It would be nice to see Spielberg do a WW1 epic.
    I quite liked War Horse for what it was an easy going film, passes a couple of hours, obviously historically inaccurate and over sentimental, but I think it was aimed at the younger audience. I think a true WW1 epic would be difficult to film, it would be quite gruesome, hell on earth as in reality it was. I really can’t comprehend what it must have been like in those trenches. It did make me reflect upon how it must have been for my great uncle when he died in 1917, he was a Driver in the RFA, so would have worked with lots of horses.

Did Spielberg not have some input into War Horse, the movie??

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast