Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Film critics are full of sh!t

Article about: I watched this last night DVD Review - Dawn of Evil: Rise of the Reich (2009) | Flickering Myth a very strange but often funny film about Hitler living in a doss house in Vienna.

Default Re: Film critics are full of sh!t

Its funny, whenever i watch any movie about the german forces in ww2 i always think about this skit.
    HAHAHAHA That skit was hilarious! and so true.

?

RED TAILS offended every fiber of my being. I yelled at the TV through the entire film. How cliche! I thought Germans like that pilot went out in 1989 with THE LAST CRUSADE. I've been hoping for a "Air War Over Europe" film every since CGI began taking over but RED TAILS was NOT it. Hell, even though I detested "Pearl Harbor", I loved the Battle of Britain effects.
    I felt the same way about WAR HORSE. Wha? Even though he was blind he heard his horse? In the middle of war? Surround by zillions of horses? But of course. Sigh. WWI needs to be dealt with seriously in today's cinema.
    We must wait a decade until we get a serious film about warfare. We have to wait it out through all this Hairy Pooper and Transformer nonsense.

" So... can anyone recommend realistic, evenly depicted (ie no Chaffees taking on Panthers in a slug fest), very good war movies featuring tank battles?

Any era or theatre. Not just tank vs infantry, but battles where opposing tanks get it on"!

Easy answer to your question; please excuse the wicki link - THEY WERE NOT DIVIDED.
    They Were Not Divided - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote by Srdj View Post
    RED TAILS offended every fiber of my being. I yelled at the TV through the entire film. How cliche! I thought Germans like that pilot went out in 1989 with THE LAST CRUSADE. I've been hoping for a "Air War Over Europe" film every since CGI began taking over but RED TAILS was NOT it. Hell, even though I detested "Pearl Harbor", I loved the Battle of Britain effects.
    I felt the same way about WAR HORSE. Wha? Even though he was blind he heard his horse? In the middle of war? Surround by zillions of horses? But of course. Sigh. WWI needs to be dealt with seriously in today's cinema.
    We must wait a decade until we get a serious film about warfare. We have to wait it out through all this Hairy Pooper and Transformer nonsense.
    Spielberg did a good job with the trench war scenes in War Horse. The best yet

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Nick-I will not disagree at all about what Spielberg and his crews did about the trench scenes or uniforms and helmets (although I admit at once I have no idea if they were accurate). I was commenting about the film. It was not good.
    And after all, a WWI film should not be PG-13. Unless, of course, it took place fifteen miles behind the front lines.

I recommend;
    Come and See.
    Kokoda.
    The Odd Angry Shot (vietnam).
    The Battle of Algiers (foreign legion in the 1950's).

And for WWI, Oh! What a lovely War. ( yes, it is not a crash bang wallop war film, but i think portrays the affair well).

And if you really like your war films, ww2 footage and partial to the Beatles, "All This and World War Two".

Battle of Britain is still a classic for a 'air war' film.
    War Horse had it's scenes but I think Spielberg was restricted due to the audience that it is aimed at. It felt too much like a Disney Movie and I never felt a sense of hard ship. It was too fast moving. Only my opinion though!!

I wasn't too impressed with War Horse or Battleship

Two serious movies of late that are worth watching are My Way and The Front Line. Both are Korean with subtitles.
    The Front Line (2011) - IMDb
    My Way (2011) - IMDb

Battle of Britain was a great movie and the uniforms of Goring and the other high ranking officers were excellent!One of my favorite parts is when Goring asks what can i do for you to one of the Luftwaffe officers.His answer was, give us a squadron of spitfires!As for the rest of the posts put ten guys in a room and ask about different movies and you will get ten different answers.It is our nature to see what we want to see!

Talking of 'Battle of Britain' (which was on the box here in the U.K. on Saturday night again), here's some amateur Super 8mm footage shot during the making of the film. The scenes of the making of the Ventnor radar bombing raid are particularly interesting, as is the famous blowing up of the Belfast hangar at Duxford. First attempt only blew the door off so they put them back up and used a bit more P4! Both explosions are shown.

Resolution on full screen is poor, so try it as it comes and it's not too bad. Enjoy.

Battle of Britain Film - "Behind the Scenes" Footage - YouTube

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast