Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Film critics are full of sh!t

Article about: I watched this last night DVD Review - Dawn of Evil: Rise of the Reich (2009) | Flickering Myth a very strange but often funny film about Hitler living in a doss house in Vienna.

?

Default Re: Film critics are full of sh!t

Yeah i went to the cinema to see it, nearly walked out and asked for my money back, especially as there were half a dozen drunken plebs in front shouting Heil Hitler and standing up giving the salute, I had to remind one of them that if he didnt behave he would definately be meeting Hitler on a personal level, as for the occult type films involving WW2, I did enjoy THE KEEP which i thought was well made and a completely different story to those of past experience

Hello col jimmy how you doing,no mate can't say i have,watch passendaele just for the last half hour its incredible,true story based on the 10th battalion CEF hill 52.best ww1 trench warfare carnage i've ever seen,regards minnie.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote by diver99 View Post
    I recommend;
    Come and See.
    Kokoda.
    The Odd Angry Shot (vietnam).
    The Battle of Algiers (foreign legion in the 1950's).

And for WWI, Oh! What a lovely War. ( yes, it is not a crash bang wallop war film, but i think portrays the affair well).

And if you really like your war films, ww2 footage and partial to the Beatles, "All This and World War Two".
    Two top Aussie films there.
    Kokoda is magnificant,A great story of mateship and sacrifice."Like lambs to the slaughter"
    Odd Angry shot is a classic,I still have a VHS copy in my collection.The "you know what machine" the blokes presented to the padre is just to funny.
    Cheers
    Dave

?

Quote by col james View Post
    ive just finished watching a nazi zombie film called outpost on dvd has anybody else heard of this low budget film before i believe number 2 is out now also
    Yes I have Outpost 2 is better.

Greg

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    I did enjoy THE KEEP which i thought was well made and a completely different story to those of past experience
    Good choice Dave! I read the book when I was about 13 and it scared the crap out of me!! film wasn't bad either, some great actors in it, Gabriel Byrne, Jürgen Prochnow.

Passendaele is a very good film, the best I've seen in years.

Anyone seen Company K? Never heard of it before today..

MV5BMjA5OTQ5Mzk5MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzAzMjc1MQ@@._V1._SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

Yeah, bought this a while ago, not bad.

Odd angry shot is, I think the best vietnam film. I do like Hamburger Hill, as it had pre-film stars, based on real events and brill film score by philip glass.

Great Aussie bits in, "Oh what a lovely war"; Aussie soldier to brit corporal, 'where you going?, "up to such and such" brit corporal replies. Aussie soldier, I wouldn't go up there if I were you, they've got a shortage!" "of what"?, says the brit corporal, "ammunition?", aussie soldier, "nope....coffins"...

CBH
    ?

Cross of Iron , is the best . War horse was ok . Remember the movie The Beast back when they were on our side . Good movie also .

Call me controversial, but I just don't seem to get on with most of Spielberg's stuff.

Cross of Iron, Kelly's Heroes, Gallipoli, Das Boot and Operation Daybreak. Now those, in my humble opinion, are good war films.

?

A little known film called "They Who Dare" is ,as far as I know the only type of old film (1954) dealing with the SAS ,and raids on airfields, it stars Dirk Bogarde,Denholm Elliott, Akim Tamaroff and some other not so well known actors, but that old stalwart of the 50s Sam Kydd, That genre of film still has the same appeal now as it did then, its well acted, very little in fake effects, and shows period Italian costumes and wartime aircraft, they dont make them like that now

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast