Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Film critics are full of sh!t

Article about: I watched this last night DVD Review - Dawn of Evil: Rise of the Reich (2009) | Flickering Myth a very strange but often funny film about Hitler living in a doss house in Vienna.

Default Re: Film critics are full of sh!t

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Battle of Britain is excellent and I never tire of watching it.

Only two things slightly spoiled it were the Spanish 'German' extras who looked Mediterranean and not Teutonic in those uniforms and the WAAF's with those 60's hairstyles and make up.

Nick
    And those bright blue helmets!

Can't decide between Cross of iron or Das Boot as the best ever, but the worst BY FAR has got to be Wheels of terror. If somebody made a serious attempt of putting a Sven Hassel novel onto film it'd be epic!...

you lot have just cost me £13.69p. But I did get 7 dvds containing 8 films delivered to my door for that so can't complain!

If you have never seen "THE BRIDGE" about members of the Hitler Youth guarding a bridge as the foward forces of Americans come apon them in the last days of WW2.I believe that you will like this film and there is a site where you can order this and other films and all sorts of stuff including the 2003 book"THE NEW GERMAN REICHSCHANCELLERY IN BERLIN 1938-1945.An original would cost you $400-550 and are quite rare. In the rear is a fold out line drawings of the REICHSCHANCELLERY.Many of the beautiful photos are in color and it cost me $40 or a bit more as i remember.

- - Updated - -

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Can't decide between Cross of iron or Das Boot as the best ever, but the worst BY FAR has got to be Wheels of terror. If somebody made a serious attempt of putting a Sven Hassel novel onto film it'd be epic!...
    Das Boot has to be in the top five IMO

I've seen both versions of The Bridge, Die Brücke made in west Germany in 1959 and the The Bridge made a few years ago, i thought the German version far more realistic, the dvd i have was bought in Berlin and has no English subtitles, but hey i'm trying to learn more German.

The film 'Brestskaya Krepost' (The Brest Fortress) or 'Fortress of War' as the English-subbed release is titled, is an excellent film. Of course there's the inaccuracies, and the unfortunate choice of presenting all German soldiers as evil, but it does well in showing the horror of war. I found out about it via suggestion of someone else here on the forum.

Trailer:

Mat

Quote by ToxicGas View Post
    The film 'Brestskaya Krepost' (The Brest Fortress) or 'Fortress of War' as the English-subbed release is titled, is an excellent film. Of course there's the inaccuracies, and the unfortunate choice of presenting all German soldiers as evil, but it does well in showing the horror of war.
    Indeed. I have it on DVD and while it does feel more like a WW-2 era Soviet propaganda film than a product of the 21st century, it sure is an extremely well-made film that does not have to be afraid to compete with any big-budget Hollywood production in terms of cinematic craftsmanship and production values.

?

Im with Ben on 'Iron Sky.'
    What a horrible movie.
    I looked forward to a well made parody, but it was just so awful.

Inglorous Basterds - awful. Looked forward to that one too but was very disappointed. Tarantino has made some great movies, but he clearly overreached himself on this one. Almost like a parody of some elements of his previous movies, but very stiffly acted, not funny, not tongue-in-cheek. Just a stinker.

Battle of Britain - great.
    Kellys - great.
    BoB - great.
    Max Manus - great (light years ahead of the Danish movies 'Flammen og Citronen/Citron and Hvidsten combined)

Cant comment on Red tails or War Horse, as I havent seen them.
    This thread does not make me run down to BlockBuster either!

Look forward to seeing Cross of Honour.

Quote by thekid View Post
    Its funny, whenever i watch any movie about the german forces in ww2 i always think about this skit.

all the best,
    Stefan
    Veeery funny indeed! Stereotypes nailed.

I thought this one very funny and still laugh out loud every time:

From the same comedians, this one is also hilarious:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pje5R...eature=related

?

Hahah, that one is pretty funny too.

'Here is an analysis of our military situation...in one rude word.'

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast