Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

The film industry can't get it right.

Article about: by davesap250 If they make All quiet on the Western Front again I hope they do a proper job on it. I see Peter Jackson has put on hold the re-make of the Dambusters. Apparantly it has a \\$30,

Default Re: The film industry can't get it right.

tour of duty the tv show is pretty bad .first episode they are using 80's helmets and gear when it is suppose to be "1967" and the guns are wrong .good show but so many things are wrong .

Although the 'Battle of Britain' was a fantastic and classic film I cant come to terms with the Germans being swarthy Spanish extras and the WRAF's having 1960's hair do's

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

The part of 'Band of Brothers' where they are defending the line outside of Carentan, and the one guy (Blythe?) shoots something like 13 rounds out of his Garand before reloading kind of cracks me up.

Did you ever take notice that the war movies made during the 60s and 70s that all the actors portraying either the Germans or Americans had the whitest teeth,,,but their faces were somewhat dirty or hardly that. Maybe in real life during that time,, they carried the best tooth paste, as the always seem to have a clean smile
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Battle of the bulge tanks were pattons.

I like these discussions as I can vent my anger at Hollywood!! Few films of the 60s and 70s got it right. I think The battle of the Bulge is terrible. Scenery does not even represent the Ardenne. British films are not much better usually over played parts that just do not work. Even modern films are not great for instance people raved about Hurt locker I thought it was shocking. I think you known when you have seen a classic because there is the urge to watch it again.

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    Battle of the bulge tanks were pattons.
    I always thought they were M26 Pershings,, or looked close to it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

John Wayne. The Longest Day. Where on Gods Earth did they find those helmet chin cups? The closest I've seen are from Spanish M1 clones.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Davesap I know what you mean about Hurtlocker...I don't much about IED's but I do know if you walked out of camp in Iraq you wouldn't last 5 minutes..& is it me or was there just 3 soldiers in Baghdad??....They did their own cordons,defused IED's,I.D the dead,..could of saved the tax payer millions just send those 3.....instead of 1000s..lol. Cheers Terry.

?

That great British classic, "Ice Cold In Alex" has a couple of "pearlers" in it.
    Right at the end, when the MPs come to collect Anthony Quayle (Capt van der Poel), there is a SERIES I LANDROVER in very clear shot.
    Not bad considering the film is set in 1942 and the LR didnt start coming off the assembly lines until 1948!

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast