Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

The film industry can't get it right.

Article about: by davesap250 If they make All quiet on the Western Front again I hope they do a proper job on it. I see Peter Jackson has put on hold the re-make of the Dambusters. Apparantly it has a \\$30,

Default Re: The film industry can't get it right.

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Me too!.. and Pearl Harbor for me ..sorry but its true

Nick
    This is outrageous!! I'm sorry Nick, but the forum Webley is in the cigar drawer in the mess. You know the rest old man.......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    u-517 what a disgrace, Das Boot all the way.
    Morris
    I have Das Boot here on Blu-Ray waiting to be watched !! Not had the time yet to watch it, saw the first 20 minutes as a taster, i am looking forward to it !!!

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    I have Das Boot here on Blu-Ray waiting to be watched !! Not had the time yet to watch it, saw the first 20 minutes as a taster, i am looking forward to it !!!
    Das Boot is a great movie, you'll love it!

Quote by jimpy View Post
    That great British classic, "Ice Cold In Alex" has a couple of "pearlers" in it.
    Right at the end, when the MPs come to collect Anthony Quayle (Capt van der Poel), there is a SERIES I LANDROVER in very clear shot.
    Not bad considering the film is set in 1942 and the LR didnt start coming off the assembly lines until 1948!

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy
    One of my favourite B&W British war movies I have to admit, I do not know why ! I believe there are quite a few flaws in it, including a Moggy Minor also in the square at the end !!!

I have to say a film which had almost everything correct and war very entertaining was Fortress of war, and Totenhead have fun with Das Boot. I have the blu-ray collectors edition directors cut which gose for almost 4 hrs.
    Morris

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    I have to say a film which had almost everything correct and war very entertaining was Fortress of war, and Totenhead have fun with Das Boot. I have the blu-ray collectors edition directors cut which gose for almost 4 hrs.
    Morris
    Morris, Yes thats the one i have !!! Thats why i have not watched it yet ! I tend to put a film on late at nigth so dont want to be sat up watching it until 3am ! with the sub-titles it will require a lot a concentration and no beer !! haha

Quote by jimpy View Post
    That great British classic, "Ice Cold In Alex" has a couple of "pearlers" in it.
    Right at the end, when the MPs come to collect Anthony Quayle (Capt van der Poel), there is a SERIES I LANDROVER in very clear shot.
    Not bad considering the film is set in 1942 and the LR didnt start coming off the assembly lines until 1948!

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy
    Just goes to show what I always suspected, landrovers really can go anywhere!

I think the real howler in Cross of iron was U.S. Navy Vought F4U Corsairs bombing the German bunkers, if i were going to be a real nit picker i'd complain about 'em using T 34/85s. Evan with the goofs i still enjoyed the film, oh yeah i hold my hands up to enjoying Iron sky, it's good escapist fun!...

Medal of Honor games are more closer to realism than some of these old movies
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

i love cross of iron

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast