Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

The film industry can't get it right.

Article about: by davesap250 If they make All quiet on the Western Front again I hope they do a proper job on it. I see Peter Jackson has put on hold the re-make of the Dambusters. Apparantly it has a \\$30,

Default Re: The film industry can't get it right.

Many thanks. I never saw any of his Harry Potter films so dont know if he's a good actor or not? When I first heard of Harry Potter--I always thought they were talking about the Colonel Harry Potter character from M*A*S*H. ;-))

?

I saw him perform excerpts of musical numbers from "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying". I was amazed at how talented and athletic he actually is. The whole Harry Potter thing was more for my children, although I did see a couple of the early movies in the series. After seeing how capable and dedicated to the Broadway role he was, I think many people will be surprised how good his performance will be, if indeed this project comes to fruition.
    Regards,
    John

?

With regards to the remake of DAMBUSTERS, i believe there was/is a lot of controversy over the script, Fry seems to want to change a lot of the historical facts, a small one in point is Gibsons dogs name, obviously because of the racial aspect, but when the original is shown they keep the name in, if your going to depict a true historical war film, it has to be accurate as the events happened and unfortunately political correctness has no place in events that actually took place, if this were the case then films like Schindlers List should not have been made , nor We were Soldiers, or The Green Beret, or any other film that refers to race, creed or religion where names for different races have been abbreviated to slang all because that was the names used at that period in time, also i believe that Fry and the producers have disagreed on many aspects as to how the film should be made

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    I have to say a film which had almost everything correct and war very entertaining was Fortress of war, and Totenhead have fun with Das Boot. I have the blu-ray collectors edition directors cut which gose for almost 4 hrs.
    Morris
    I watched Fortress of war last night and i was impressed by the attention to detail, using PPD-40s rather than PPSh-41s, there were pretty convincing Panzer III replicas based on soviet BMPs by the look of it, in one scene a German infantryman appears wearing ankle boots and "retreat gaiters", were they issued as early as June 1941?.....yeah i know i'm a real nit picker.

hello chaps . my best film is a bridge too far ....arnhem.... it has one of the best parachute dropping scenes ever....my only nick pick is you can see them with chest reserves even though they try to hide them ....

mr steven spielberg should remake this film as it would probably out do saving private ryan by far .... i remember seeing it on its first release . the place was packed out ....

regards paul.....

Quote by no 1 pts school View Post
    hello chaps . my best film is a bridge too far ....arnhem.... it has one of the best parachute dropping scenes ever....my only nick pick is you can see them with chest reserves even though they try to hide them ....

mr steven spielberg should remake this film as it would probably out do saving private ryan by far .... i remember seeing it on its first release . the place was packed out ....

regards paul.....
    I'm surprised it hasn't been remade allready, as you say a great film.
    Bloody hell somebody else from Cheshire!...there's loads of us on here!..

God it must be irritating as hell to sit through a movie and see all these kit "errors" luckily I don't know enough to get distracted by them... sometimes ignorance really can be film viewing bliss
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

It's very rare for a large scale war film to be remade-the cost is very prohibitive and the only real reason to do so is a major technical advance like colour-the only recent examples I can think of are 'Tora, Tora, Tora' and 'Pearl Harbor'-the 1st a true classic and the latter utter dross. Many war films were made in B&W well after colour became standard so they could use period footage to reduce costs and add authenticity. As far as a 'A Bridge...' goes there were some strange anomalies like the T6 Texan trainers modified to vaguely resemble P47 Thunderbolt 'Razorbacks'-I would have thought it possible to get a couple of Mustangs or Spitfires that would have looked much better for such a big film. The vast collection of M4 Shermans of every model did accidently illustrate the point that they are a family of loosely related vehicles with many different characteristics rather than one type.

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    I found U571 thoroughly entertaining.. as a film,.. obviously not as a documentary

Nick
    Is U-571 worth a punt then? , Just watched Das Boot today ( Directors Cut Version ) for the second time, last time was late at night with a few beers, day off today so decided to watch it again. Its a stunning film, I honestly do not think they could do better if it was remade today.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast