MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

The film industry can't get it right.

Article about: by davesap250 If they make All quiet on the Western Front again I hope they do a proper job on it. I see Peter Jackson has put on hold the re-make of the Dambusters. Apparantly it has a \\$30,

Default Re: The film industry can't get it right.

OK time for more nit picking, I was watching an episode of the Colditz tv series and a new character appeared, Major Mohn a paratrooper wounded at Stalingrad and no longer fit for front line duty, as a paratrooper surely he'd be wearing yellow collar tabs, he had black tabs????

?

Black would be for pioneer/construction troops. Maybe seconded into this branch as his para days were over? Posted to Colditz on light duties until recovered?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Could be i suppose Ade...

I couldnt help but notice "All quiet on the western front" is being remade this year. It will be interesting to see how that turns out.

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    I couldnt help but notice "All quiet on the western front" is being remade this year. It will be interesting to see how that turns out.
    Again????

?

Were eagles dare is a good film but also has a lot of inaccuracies.

?

It was played in my film class by my teacher who then, after the film, brought Aunt Gili in and had her reflect upon her time in Germany and how she had to hide in the closet because she was a Jew with brunette hair and brown eyes, then her blonde haired , blue eyed sister would answer the door when the Germans came knocking. Most Of the family died at Auschwitz eventually .
    As far movies go, Schindlers list with two of my favorite actors, Liam Neason, Ralph Fiennes.
    Saving private Ryan , enemy at the gates ,BoB. Das boot. Saints and soldiers although the CG is terrible! Great thread gunny! I know a gent who has a Hugh TR collection and a while back a movie company offered tons of money for a few hundred uniforms he had, but he turned them down because he knew they would be altered for the actors! Good man!
    Dean.

(Regarding quote: " they should make Shindlers list mandatory viewed in schools ")

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Again????
    Yep, Daniel Radcliffe is set to play Paul Bäumer. Kind of puts me off it already

- - Updated - -

Although he was very good in my boy jack.

If they make All quiet on the Western Front again I hope they do a proper job on it. I see Peter Jackson has put on hold the re-make of the Dambusters.

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    Yep, Daniel Radcliffe is set to play Paul Bäumer. Kind of puts me off it already

- - Updated - -

Although he was very good in my boy jack.
    Most likely because he was only in the first quarter.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast