Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Final Essay Topic

Article about: Good Afternoon, I am currently studying at the University Of Cologne. I was able to choose what topic to discuss for my final paper in my North American Studies class. I decided to discuss t

Default Final Essay Topic

Good Afternoon,

I am currently studying at the University Of Cologne. I was able to choose what topic to discuss for my final paper in my North American Studies class. I decided to discuss the relationship between the Army and private industry, how they were able to use private industry for the advancement of military technology and production of war material. I figured this would be the best place to start off on the right foot since most members have knowledge beyond collecting Military collectibles. Im not asking for anyone to do my paper but to start a discussion that can help me with my research and have like minded people discussing an interesting topic. Feel free to post anything you feel is relevant to this topic. I will be in Paris and NORMANDY!! Till this sunday so I will not be able to respond right away but I look forward to seeing your response when I return. - Nick K

Also when someone responds, if you could have some kind of source I would appreciate it. - Nick K

I think this sounds like a very interesting subject --- I reckon someone will be around with relevant information and/or advice any time now... these "discussion" topics tend to get kind of overlooked/buried a bit it seems. Good luck!

?

Hello Nick,

I wonder if you should tighten the focus of your question as it is perhaps too broad at the moment for people to respond to. Perhaps a few examples of what you have in mind may get things rolling too.

Your mention of this very interesting topic - the relationship between the army and big business - reminded me of the work of the American sociologist C. Wright Mills, who coined the term 'the military industrial complex' in his book The Power Elite. Although published in the 1950s, I'm sure its still worth referring to - its a classic book - although there will be many more recent discussions of the nexus formed between the military and big business (and politics obviously).

Regards, Philip

I plan to focus on the second world war, and how corporations worked with the army. Also how they helped advance technology, and helped produce essential war time materials. - Nick K