Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

The First Collector !!

Article about: 32166_10151518960169524_1469053143_n.jpg Barney Hines , 45th Bn AIF , the Souvenir King , notorious on the Western Front of WW1 for his wild soldiering and his even wilder collecting !! John

Default Re: The First Collector !!

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Leave it to an Aussie to run off to war and come back home richer than when he left! And who said "the entrepreneur spirit" is dead? lol Guts And an eye for a buck! Yep...that would be an Australian!
    Bloody hell William, its like you've lived here!lol

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Actually he was originally a scouser which does explain his habit of aquiring things !!
    Hmmmmmm...........Wonder why he thought the competition was easier here, my ancestors were hand selected by some of the finest magistrates in the whole of Britain to help establish the Swan River Colony, probably just as well headed Sydneyside, less competitionL

?

Hello Gents
    I had a look at the grave today & If any of the Sydney members want to have a look it is easy enough to find.
    Section 11 consists of 3 blocks & John Hines grave is in the block nearest to the Catholic office. The grave itself
    is just a bare weedy patch but it does have a wooden stake installed by our blokes to mark the position. Grave
    2589/90 is just about right on the road leading to the office (Barnet Ave) so locate this grave & work your
    way down the path.

Regards
    Brett

?

Good evening all
    John Barney Hines has finally got a marked grave. The ceremony was held today
    at the Sacred Heart Chapel, Rookwood. Here is a newspaper article from a few
    weeks back. Definitely something long overdue.
    No Cookies | dailytelegraph.com.au

Regards
    Brett

The Godfather of Collecting War Booty

32166_10151518960169524_1469053143_n.jpg

The Godfather of just collecting Booty

cave-man-dragging-woman.jpg
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Definitely long overdue....

Quote by Brett View Post
    Good evening all
    John Barney Hines has finally got a marked grave. The ceremony was held today
    at the Sacred Heart Chapel, Rookwood. Here is a newspaper article from a few
    weeks back. Definitely something long overdue.
    No Cookies | dailytelegraph.com.au

Regards
    Brett
    hey Brett,
    Can you get a photo of the now marked grave at Sydney's dead Centre?

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Hi Dan
    Being a total dunce as far as anything computer & photographic is concerned, your
    request is probably beyond me. I will try to get one of the kids to help me out in
    this respect.

Regards
    Brett

Great thread!.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3