MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

First fake in German Militaria

Article about: Hello people, I would like to make a special thread about the first German fakes after the war. Just after the war, the nazi stuff was without real value or just a historical value, the firs

Default First fake in German Militaria

Hello people,

I would like to make a special thread about the first German fakes after the war.

Just after the war, the nazi stuff was without real value or just a historical value, the first movies after the war had original uniforms and wool stock in majority .

In Germany, all nazi cross was the "devil" for many people and burned, specially the political units ( waffen ss ) But many "simple" german stuff was in attic or other with just the cross removed, always today...

In Usa, the nazi stuff had more chance, because the veterans and family liked history and the trophy.

In URSS.... terrible... no comment about this very sad bloody battles and deads in period... but the half of German army was in URSS... 80% are in the ground always today...

late 60, the original stuff was more rare to find, and collectors seems to be already here...

the first copy to me is late 60, for movie, money, and historical nostalgia...

your comments and docs are welcome my Friends !
    Many thanks
    Sebastian.

The first fake cap will be german by a company called Studio Breuer in last 50..and 60...

altestesigansl.jpgaltestewittman#3.jpgusethisalteste.jpg

Keep up the good work!.....

Thanks Gunny, the great difference with period caps or other is the plastic, celluloid in period, plastic post war...

I second that.

?

I remember in 1969 I was given a fake Iron Cross 2nd Cl by a friend of my fathers, he gotten it a few years earlier, wish I still had it to post a p[hoto.

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

Before the war had even ended and American firm, Patch King, was reproducing German cloth insignia.

Fred

Famous are the German daggers cobbled together from (mostly) original parts in the very early post war period, to sell to GI's.

postluft_mark.jpgpost_luft.jpg