Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

First flight in the new KC MO Heli...

Article about: Thanks to my friend and member(sitges1990) Jay, Sgt of KC MO police dept. Hooked me up for a ride tonight in one of the three new helicopters. I got to fly it myself for about 5 or 6 min wha

Default Re: First flight in the new KC MO Heli...

Hi Scout I would like to see it sometime.
    The old heli in your pic is much like the new one,other than the five blade rotor and extended nose.
    Also changed tail config. It also can hold four but with all the equipment it is at max with two people.
    nam.jpg

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Looks like you had fun buddy.

Wow thats alot of buttons in there, I've been on alot of airplanes but I never flew in a helicopter, as far as flying one.....I will stick to video games lol

?

Ive had quite a few rides in choppers. Not all equally enjoyable, as some of it was rather erratic to avoid stuff, that you dont really want to meet in mid air.

Snapped this pic, as we were going more or less sideways.

Fly the friendly skies - fly Darth Vader Air!

Very cool Eric.
    What a great experience,lucky guy.
    Glad you had fun.
    chris

Yes it was a great time Chris and hope to do it again in the future.
    What a great job the Kansas City police do, and thanks again to Jay for the opportunity.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Eric, it was a pleasure to snag you a ride on the chopper. Lets get you a few more flight hours and you can take Chris for a spin next time he gets up here. Sergeant Mak says you are more than welcome back for a another flight, and you can operate the FLIR. You are welcome with KCPD anytime, car or heli. By the way, you lost track of time, you were up there for about an hour. Time flies when you're having fun. Thanks for that link, I had not seen the news report on the choppers. Typical she bitched about tax dollars paying for them, gave me a chuckle. Once again, condolences to you and Beth for the passing of her mother.

Scout, awesome photos, I'd love to see that museum also. The one you showed in the photos is the same choppers we had, OH-56s. We've been holding them together with rubber bands and bubble gum for the last 10 years. Taxpayers certainly got their money's worth with the OH-56's and the Huey's.

What about you take me up there Brother.
    chris

Heck yes Chris, rides on the PD's helicopter are included in your War Forum Membership. Ade pays for the fuel out of his own pocket, he's such a generous soul. Sure, let me know when you are heading this way. Eric was in the right seat and yes.............it was leaning to the right, so maybe you could go one at a time.

Jay

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    Heck yes Chris, rides on the PD's helicopter are included in your War Forum Membership. Ade pays for the fuel out of his own pocket, he's such a generous soul. Sure, let me know when you are heading this way. Eric was in the right seat and yes.............it was leaning to the right, so maybe you could go one at a time.

Jay
    That sound great .
    chris

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast