Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Forever etched fear in our mind.

Article about: I found this one behind some furniture at a friend's house last year. Looks like a Black Widow but is in fact a False Widow but will still give you a bite if provoked. I have no idea where i

Default Re: Forever etched fear in our mind.

I'd lose my damn mind if I saw that. I can handle a lot of things, but I don't play well with spiders and snakes.

?

Looks like a Redback spider (the kind we get in oz).
    Or a Black Widow from the US.
    Both are related, and have a nasty bite

Brad.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I'd lose my damn mind if I saw that. I can handle a lot of things, but I don't play well with spiders and snakes.
    At work I had an agreement with a now retired friend.....I handled the snakes and he handled the dogs. The good old days, when snakes were animals not co-workers, lol.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

I really don't mind spiders. I just capture them and toss them outside if I find them, or I pick them up and give them to the cat as a treat.

Larry,heres a song to go with your photo,and make you even more worried
    Its an old Australian classic,about a bloke that gets bitten in a very unfortunate place.

Slim Newton - Redback on the Toilet Seat - YouTube

Cheers Mick

Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards,

Steve.

LOL Thanks Mick just listened to the song,, very funny, The red back spider looks just like the Blackwidow,, pretty scary. When my daughter was younger i used to tell that the bigger spiders could talk,,,but now with technology and being able to learn a language online..Im starting to beleive it myself...nasty buggers
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

That one looks exactly like a redback. We get plenty of them in the house here, I actually don't mind them, they don't roam around and are quite happy to stay in their webs. My wife's not so keen on them but always gets me to put them outside if she finds them in the house.

?

I used to like spiders, then I got bitten by a White tail and caught the associated virus, rash etc. Ended up having to have the bite surgically removed as the GP had concerns about it not healing properly. So now i've got a chunk missing out of my side.

I now annihilate the bastards on site. The good old daddy long legs I can let live, unless it is particularly large specimen.

Over here in WA (as Sandgroper will know) we get large types called orb weavers that like to build huge webs. They can be quite confronting if you stumble into one.

?

Id like to thank you guys for showing me these photos, i have just had the BEJEESUS scared out of me, and we dont get poisonous spiders here, not native ones anyway, but when a wolf spider decides to run across the floor in front of me its all hands to the slipper and i do a very good impression of James Bond in Dr No, and I have to respect you guys out in OZ, it seems when the almighty created the most poisonous creatures there are he dumped them on you, i used to love the duck billed platypus until i learned the bloody thing could give you a very nasty jab with its spike

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast