Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Forever etched fear in our mind.

Article about: I found this one behind some furniture at a friend's house last year. Looks like a Black Widow but is in fact a False Widow but will still give you a bite if provoked. I have no idea where i

Default Re: Forever etched fear in our mind.

i wanna take a flamethrower to this thread.

SIX pages of spiders.

Good Lord.

someone make me a moderator. i'll take care of this. just make me a mod for one stinking day.

Lol - I promise not to post any more 'Acclimatizing' pics of spiders.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I know someone who has a serious and morbid fear of spiders of any kind or size
    - to the point of hysteria. She had 5"x7" photos of nasty looking brutes taped
    onto the insides of cupboards, on her fridge, etc. Her therapist insisted
    that she do this to 'acclimatize' her by seeing them often.

Luke - you've shown a type that is everywhere in and around the forests
    and lakes up here during the summer months.........
    Steve: This was the first time I had seen a spider of such size around here. Hopefully the last. I was informed they are "Fishing spiders."

Luke

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    We have nasty, poisonous' slimy creatures here in UK too !
    Im sorry Templehoff that this thread too ,, took off the way it did and ever since I seen Woolgars Post of that horrid spider named Simon in post #22 I am tempted to wipe the whole thread out myself.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry, I always considered you a great mod. haha but this thread actually does something for me. I get up at 5AM every morning. today I check in here because I'm having a little trouble waking up before the markets open.

Problem solved.

Nothing like waking up to a cup of coffee and a computer full of spiders to start your day. Just check your coffee cup first before you put anything in it At least most of the time these critters can be seen during the day,,, but at night in your hair during your sleep is something different. Thanks for the compliment and I will continue to do my best. My next topic might be Ex-wives,, which I know there must be a phobia name for this also.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

A friend of mine who served in the Vietnam war told me,, while he was stationed in Thailand,, that he fell in love with one of the local girls that had a hut in the jungle. He remembered one night that he woke up and there was a tarantula the size of a small cat crawling around in the hut,,,he said he had never been so scared seeing anything that large,,, but the girl who lived there went over to that gaint spider and was petting it like it was a cat. I can only imagine whats crawling around in some of these places not frequented by westerners,, but only common to see by those who actually live there. To this girl it was no big deal,, she just picked it up and put it outside. This is a true story and my friend still remembers that girl in which he wished he would of stayed with her. Regards Larry

holy moly, Larry.

true? this is a true story?

i think i might have to retell that one... giving credit of course.

{Does anyone have aphoto of an Orb spider? I dont think I have ever seen one.[/QUOTE]}

Larry,
    Its always fun walking through the bush and you walk straight into ones web with the spider right in your face
    Mick
    Heres a pic of an Orb Spider and one of them eating a bird.

orb.alicetele.bungie12070013.jpgearth-graphics-200_1080291a.jpg

Aaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast