Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Forever etched fear in our mind.

Article about: I found this one behind some furniture at a friend's house last year. Looks like a Black Widow but is in fact a False Widow but will still give you a bite if provoked. I have no idea where i

Default Re: Forever etched fear in our mind.

And they banned guns down there.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

We have a spider called the Kimberley bird eating spider, they're impressive too!

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    We have a spider called the Kimberley bird eating spider, they're impressive too!
    Can you show us a pic of that mother too,Sandie.
    Dont worry guys Oz is really a safe place if you dont mind Sharks,Snakes,Spiders,Crocs,Jellyfish,Dropbears and blokes who give lifts to hitchhikers

Here you go Mick. It's not a brilliant photo but you get the idea. I pulled this pic off the net, I havent got a pic of one here, I've got pics of crocs, snakes, sharks etc... but I dont think I've ever taken a pic of a spider! I'm not sure whether I've ever mentioned this here but before I was tour guiding I used to work for Malcolm Douglas in Broome, the Aussie boys will know him, so between working for him and tour guiding I have a lot of pics of wildlife and scenery. But no spiders!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I found this little fella in my bathroom when I was still living in Brisbane...

PICT0107.jpg

Hint: its no good spraying these buggers with the fly-spray, they just run after you! Best bet is a shoe or rolled up newspaper. I did try a broom on one once but it jumped onto the brush and ran up the handle towards me, so I bravely dropped my weapon and fled the field of battle.

I like the old huntsman spiders Glenn, they're neat! In the early days people used to put them in their houses because they don't make webs and they eat flies and mosquitoes. Gotta say, my missus isn't keen on them though and won't tolerate them inside, she's ok with them being outside but not when they come in the house.

I need to do some spring cleaning in my house!!

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Looks like there's one for each of your EK2's mate!

Héhé!
    Big guy's ! ?
    I don't mind them, it keeps the mosquito's away! Ok they aren't monsters like some of the one's you showed,we have here in Antwerp!!But I had my part of big one's too; in Afrika!
    They still show up from time to time in Antwerp, when ships coming from equatorial country's are unloaded.
    Aparently the sight of them troubles many people!
    I was wundering if any army ever had a spider as a sigma?
    Couldn't find any!!
    Apparently the only brave's to wear a spider on a patch seems to be boy'scouts....
    A seldom seen merit badge – Spider Insect Life | The Scout Patch Auction News and Views
    ;-)
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

What an interesting thought Kris, I'd never thought about a spider as insignia!

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast