Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Forever etched fear in our mind.

Article about: I found this one behind some furniture at a friend's house last year. Looks like a Black Widow but is in fact a False Widow but will still give you a bite if provoked. I have no idea where i

Default Re: Forever etched fear in our mind.

Tempelhof, the reality is that more people die each year in Australia from European bee stings than all of our native animals combined, that is spiders, snakes, crocodiles, sharks etc.....it really is quite safe. I've made it to 48 without too many dramas, I'm more scared of the missus than any of the above creatures!

So far,,, that the country of Australia is in the lead of having the best spiders,, and a vast assortment of them. I am willing to donate some money into a special fund to give "Templehoff" some incentive to go to Australia,,but only in a region with "daddy long leggers" ( typical house spiders ) non-lethal. Sandgroper brings up a great point of interest, that it would be wise to heed the imminent dangers of our beloved "Home Honey Spiders" ....( our wives ) so that our collecting interests will not be in conflict of our "Honey Do Lists"
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Yes Guys....I hate them to...Living in Queensland you tend to have the larger variaty of them up here , but the ones i think i hate the most besides the Funnel Web are the Mouse Eating Spider and although small in size but causes Horrific damage is the White Tailed Spider...Iam glad the Bastards cant fly lol.

Greg

?

I never used to have any fear of spiders as a youngster, but an incident involving a very large bird eating spider changed all that, when i was about 7 or 8 my friends dad owned a greengrocers, during those days shopkeepers would drive down to the docks and buy crates of fruit straight from the traders, his dad would bring them back and put them in his outhouse that had a sloping floor , a drain hole and a piped "shower" attachment in the ceiling, by washing down the stacked crates ,all manner of "creatures" would be flushed out, bugs the like you've never seen and spiders small and large, when they emerged from the crates we used to hit them with a mallet and down the hole they went, one afternoon i was standing too close to a crate when the biggest bloody bird eating spider fell out onto my shoulder, i froze and just stared at this "thing" sitting there with its fangs and all its eyes looking at me, my mates dad came over and just brushed it away, but i never did that "job"again and the fear was instilled in me, and to this day my rectal muscles slacken when i see a spider larger than 1/2 inch

It had fangs???....like big teeth??
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Have a close look at the fangs on the Sydney funnel web Larry, they can penetrate shoes!

I thought I heard some war stories in the past but this is pretty scary. Being shot at with a machine gun..or...a silent killer residing in your shoe,,,I would rather face the machine gun,, as my chances may be slim to none,,, but mouse and bird eating spiders????........I think Stephen King would think twice about making a movie about this.
    Sounds like a tense situation,,with unpredictable advancements from silent stalking soldiers.

?

FANGS??????? They were more like inch long carpet tacks, all i know is that they were black and curved and right close to my neck, that was enough for me, thankyou very much!!!!!!!

Gotta say I'm pretty indifferent to spiders, I have nothing really against them but I wouldn't like that happening to me either!

?

When I was in South Africa i woke up in my tent and found a huge Bird Eating Spider climbing up my blanket ....after shitting myself i grabbed my FN and smacked it one....to this day i still jump out of bed flick the light on looking for the Bastard .

Greg

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast