Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fortress of Peace [Swiss short film]

Article about: Here is a short film I found on Youtube that I thought could of interest to our members. Fortress of Peace [originally called Wehrhafte Schweiz / La Suisse vigilante / La Svizzera vigilante]

Default Fortress of Peace [Swiss short film]

Here is a short film I found on Youtube that I thought could be of interest to our members.

Fortress of Peace [originally called Wehrhafte Schweiz / La Suisse vigilante / La Svizzera vigilante] is a Swiss propaganda film (I think it's fair to call it that) from 1964 illustrating Switzerland's defensive capabilities. I hadn't been aware of it before, but it was a popular success in Switzerland and even nominated for the 1965 Academy Award for Best Live Action Short Film.

It's very well made and worth watching for its action footage showing a multitude of 1960s uniforms, equipment, weapons, vehicles and aircraft (and some beautiful scenery as well). It really kicks off around the 5:30 mark.

Also see: Fortress of Peace - Wikipedia
    Last edited by HPL2008; 12-16-2018 at 05:24 PM.

CBH
    ?

Thanks for sharing , the use of bolt actions rifles and flamethrowers kind of surprised me even for 1965.
    Great seeing all the camo in use.

?

That was Outstanding. Loved every aspect of it. From the ground troops and their equipment, all the way to the flights over the alps by the airforce!

Thank You Andreas.

Semper Fi
    Phil