Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Forum numbers

Article about: by ian i would love to re join ,,i havnt worked for 6mths now ,,and cant justify it to my wife I certainly understand friend. Everyone has their ups and downs financially. Don't worry about

?

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    After reading this thread again this morning I realize that it has drifted so far away from what Ben had originally posted perhaps we should try and get back on track with it.
    So how does one entice more of are guests to be come active members and post here. They are visiting the forum for a reason they are either trying to do there own research and or have an interest in military history .
    The last thing we want to do is make there visit here unpleasant .
    I do not know what the answer is but it is worthy of further discussion .

Regards Mark K
    Many guests are users and abusers of information freely given.

I have my own forum GHW2 with Frank and RoyA. There is no right or wrong answer but we restrict non members from seeing anything. It's free to join, so join.

Some guests are members who do t want other members to see / know they are online remember.

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Hi Gunny my thoughts on this are only on items that sell and it would have to run on the honor system.

Regards Mark K
    Yup indeed so, i think even something as low as 5% would help the forum finances!..

what i should have said, is that some items posted on the classified section.looks like to me has come from people that have no commitment to this forum. this will open a flood of banners.

?

A large percentage of the high amount of guests are most likely bots.
    Good bots indexing the site (like Google and Bing), bad bots scraping the site for emailadresses and other crap and spambots trying to register to flood the forum with spam.

?

Good Point !

Quote by 993ti View Post
    Good bots indexing the site (like Google and Bing), bad bots scraping the site for emailadresses and other crap and spambots trying to register to flood the forum with spam.

Quote by 993ti View Post
    Indeed!...

thank you gunny. i cant use the icons any more but thumbs up.

Quote by geelong View Post
    2000 ladies and gentlemen. sorry ben i thought i would just add this
    My total apologies, we do have Lady members
    Ben

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Ben, Do you have the number of actual WRF members ? Contibuting I mean ?? Gwar
    No Gwar sorry mate
    Ben

"If anybody has any further thoughts/ideas to help, please post them here .."

The only other thing i can think of Gary is to extend the raffles a little, maybe that'll encourage a few more people to be a paying member. I for one still have a couple of items to donate!..

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast