Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Found in his Grandfathers closet!

Article about: Hey guys, Was on Redditt today and a lucky poster had found this in his Grandpa's closet! The poster says the find is a couple years old, but the gun is still sitting in the same spot as he

?

Default Found in his Grandfathers closet!

Hey guys,
    Was on Redditt today and a lucky poster had found this in his Grandpa's closet! The poster says the find is a couple years old, but the gun is still sitting in the same spot as he found it. A beautiful STG44. I Figured someone might be interested in seeing this rare find. Worth a look!
    Don't mind the usual idiots posting in the comments section, just enjoy the pics! haha

Link:
    You like rare weapons found in grandpas closets? I think I win. : WTF
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Default Re: Found in his Grandfathers closet!

Nice Bill! What a lucky stiff! Wish I found it.... All I can find in the closet is dust! And Tom Cruise..
    Dean.

?

haha I know it man. Most could only dream to find something like this someday. It almost looks like it was hidden inside the wall behind the insulation of the closet or something.....

Very nice! Can You legally keep it in USA?

?

Lucky Bugger!!!
    I hate him.....lol!!!

Brad.

?

Legal? ......no.. That's why it was hidden behind the drywall and insulation! I'd hide it real well too! And get a nice magazine for it!

?

Actually it is indeed legal here in the US! Its considered an antique and is okay to own from what I have read. Not sure what the firing/shooting laws are.....but Different states require different permits/etc tho as far as I know. Glad it found its way here so it can be kept in original working condition (hopefully).

I am sure that gun I been sold already if it is in working condition.
    chris

A question to be asked is how long ago or when did his grandfather actually put it in the wall? The dry wall and insulation is recent. Older homes owned by grandparents way back when will have that dirty gray chopped up insulation in the walls,,and the walls most of the time if it were extremely old will have the wooden slats with a mixture of horse hair and cement. This wall looks all too new and there is no impression in the insulation of the STG 44. This was a recent as of maybe 20 yrs ago that this gun was put in there,, but the insulation tells another story. Regardless the gun is in old condition.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I have an old house like Larry C speaks of. Wood slats, horse hair and all that. I have found items behind the walls and under loose steps, but nothing like this. Some turn of the century shoes and such. I'd fall over if I found this in my walls.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast