Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Free authentication and valuation service.

Article about: by DioMac Oh dear, I must admit that post by Esko Brandt gave me laugh purely for the irony! Just had a little giggle myself!....

?

Sorry if it seemed that I was being a bit rude, as MAP stated it is easy to misinterpret things on the internet, I understand now that you do not feel entitled.

?

My name is now fuchsia...

And I will resist the urge to expand on that....

MAP
    ?

Quote by Jabbo View Post
    My name is now fuchsia...

And I will resist the urge to expand on that....
    When you get your first set of Panzer collar tabs or Visor and see the waffenfarb color, you will see how cool it is to be called Panzer Pink.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Bump!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

This thread should be made a sticky and used as a link to post on those threads where the poster becomes rude, obnoxious, demanding and disrespectful with their replies.

Bump.

Quote by Rich Moran View Post
    This thread should be made a sticky and used as a link to post on those threads where the poster becomes rude, obnoxious, demanding and disrespectful with their replies.
    Done
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

IMO this thread should be placed in every forum as a reminder ...yet some even though its right in front of their eyes ...will invoke the passover and pass right over it and still ask a value and authenticity.

This thread currently is seen sporadic in a few forums here....but a great tool of reminder to be used as a sign on the wall.
    Alot of hard work and sweat went into such research by the many devoted members here.
    None of here us here want to this great website to turn into a Hit and Run facebook militaria forums..what we do here separates us from those micro forums with no foundation.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Adrian
    A lot of pent up frustration in that thread I thought
    I see where you’re coming from but isn’t it just better to refrain from giving advice on those threads wrt authenticity rather than have a go at those less knowledgeable?
    I’m fairly new to this area too big have soaked up huge amounts of information from reading post such as these
    I would be happy to impart any knowledge I’ve gained to prevent someone making a big financial mistake

I also notice that the number of fakes being sold by so called legitimate dealers to horrifying
    Any information from people with a bit of knowledge I think is their duty to point these out

?

Quote by Vlaams View Post
    Adrian
    A lot of pent up frustration in that thread I thought
    I see where you’re coming from but isn’t it just better to refrain from giving advice on those threads wrt authenticity rather than have a go at those less knowledgeable?
    I’m fairly new to this area too big have soaked up huge amounts of information from reading post such as these
    I would be happy to impart any knowledge I’ve gained to prevent someone making a big financial mistake

I also notice that the number of fakes being sold by so called legitimate dealers to horrifying
    Any information from people with a bit of knowledge I think is their duty to point these out
    If you took that from the original intention of my post twelve years ago, you have misunderstood. I and many other collectors have no problem whatsoever helping out the inexperienced and those who want to learn and become confident in their collecting area, that applies across the board.

When that post was written I was constantly reading the same 'is it real, what's it worth' posts from the same members over and over again. My inbox was full of the same. The same members who were using this forum and it's members to do their work for them. They weren't collectors, just folk trying to make a quick buck off the generous help given here without giving anything back.

There is absolutely no problem helping out members who actually want to learn and are prepared to do some of their own research. I don't care how many times someone is wrong, if they're trying and doing some work for themselves instead of continually relying on the goodwill of others then no-one has a problem but you get to know the same names, the same questions and the same expectations.

If someone wants an answer to their question and I don't know, I can research and find the answer. Why should I or anyone else be doing that for the same people over and over again when it's clear they don't really care, they just want an answer that could easily be found out for themselves?

And most of the time, there was no word of thanks or appreciation for time spent answering their question. So, why is it my or anyone else's duty to time and time again answer the same things over and over again.

If you're a new collector that wants help then you will get it and be very welcome. If you've been here a year and have posted an Iron Cross per week or a helmet or a dagger or a whatever you care to choose and still show no sign of being able to help yourself, then you clearly aren't interested and therefore, nor am I.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast