MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Funny these Fakers

Article about: Oh my i have seen it all now! I was surfing around, like many of us collectors do, and saw this lovely jewel: Fake.jpg My gosh the seller claims this is the real deal. my my.... LOL. You kno

Default Re: Funny these Fakers

The guy overpaid...he should have kept the lizard....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

You mean I blew a whole buck fifty on a diet pepsi to trade for mine?? But it's even marked RZM (I really did, it makes a great letter opener) Mine must be the even more rare Waffen-SS model. I got it from a guy I work with, who used to go to a lot of estate sales, and someone he knew had this in a big box of stuff. They both knew it was fake, but he thought it was cool, then traded me for a diet pepsi lol

006.jpg

At least it didn't cost you a perfectly good Lizard....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

True, I like to keep my lizards for more important stuff
    Last edited by Stinkpotpete; 06-06-2013 at 01:19 AM. Reason: I don't p my lizards, I keep them oopsie

Great stories dudes. Man this is one hell of a thread!

Did you get a story with the knife saying how it was taken from a German by someones grandfather?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I know this sounds cruel but I think it would be funny to buy one of these then go bury it somewhere in russia, then one day some relic hunter with a metal detector will find it and it will confuse the crap out of him........but then again its a bad idea because whoever finds out it was a big joke would most likely bury me in russia LOL

All true Guys. But I would bet some gullible saps have bought them up and paid a pretty penny believing they had something special. You should have seen the fake SA and SS daggers at a gun show I attended last year. Made in China. Gee what a surprise.

Yep glad my post gave you a good laugh Octavian. Some of these shows are worth the trip for a good laugh if nothing else. Never forget the "Genuine Mausers" some guy was to pawn off for good money. Stocks looked like they had been made the day before the show. Talk about blatant lying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2