Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

"FURY" 2014 Movie starring brad Pitt ,will be using a Real Tiger Tank !

Article about: Filming will feature The last running German WW2 Tiger Tank , I believe the Tiger in this movie is one the allies captured in Tunisia in 1943 as part of a special op endorsed by Churchill hi

The Americans think they won everything but really in World War One they were barely in it, the Canadians, British, Australian etc mostly fought that battle and the Canadians were the only ones that could take passchendaele and of course the help of our allies. In Hollywood movies they glorify the Americans as pretty much the only army that fought against the Germans and Japan and and the most ridiculous thing is that in the movies they put them in battles and places that they weren't even in during the war!! Didn't step foot there! Trying to take the glory for other allied victories.

?

Remember at Passchendaele it was the final week of a 6 month battle. The Germans were spent and the Commonwealth allies spilt a lot of blood along the way, it was a team effort.

Your right it was a team effort but the Canadians made the last push to take it i do believe.

The British and Commonwealth were pretty much burnt out by the the later stages of WWI and without the contribution from the US might well have been still fighting for much longer or even had to make a peace, so lets not completely dismiss their help and the same is also true of WWII, though as most here seem to think, Hollywood in particular does seem to think that the US did it all.

Mind you lets not forget that without Winnie's determination WWII would almost certainly have been over before the US ever joined and who knows what would have happened if the Germans had had a free hand in Russia or to aid the Japanese.

The point is we were all Allies and each played their part in both wars and deserve to be remembered for it, which sadly Hollywood seems to forget.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    Like most of these films, it will probably be worth a watch, although the story does seem to be a little cliched IMO. On a related note, has anyone read "Catch That Tiger" about the capture of Tiger 131, and if so, is it any good? I have seen mixed reviews.
    I'd like to see a (proper) movie about that with the actual Tiger in it.

I have no disrespect towards Americans just that all I'm saying is that the Canadians, British etc fought a harder and longer battle than the us during ww1 and that Hollywood just makes me mad when they glorify the Americans so much and should recognize others

One thing is for sure we wouldnt have won WW2 without them!

Brave men

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    Like most of these films, it will probably be worth a watch, although the story does seem to be a little cliched IMO. On a related note, has anyone read "Catch That Tiger" about the capture of Tiger 131, and if so, is it any good? I have seen mixed reviews.
    Not read it mate but it seems to get slated on Amazon!...

Of coarse Hollywood will make the Americans look good.
    Just as I would expect British or Canadian made movies
    to glorify their respective country's exploits.

I just wish I could say that I have seen any movie lately
    that I would consider---good
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

CBH
    ?

Well lets hope this movie doesn't go the way of U-571 , IE total Bullshit ! It will be great to see a real Tiger in a movie , not a Sherman with a German cross painted on the side , or a T-34 with a box welded on top !

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast