Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

"FURY" 2014 Movie starring brad Pitt ,will be using a Real Tiger Tank !

Article about: Filming will feature The last running German WW2 Tiger Tank , I believe the Tiger in this movie is one the allies captured in Tunisia in 1943 as part of a special op endorsed by Churchill hi

Getting back to the point of the thread. I have real doubts that the Tiger from the Tank Museum is being used? They are very protective of it....

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

That's what i was thinking Ade i really couldn't see 131 being used.

I agree with the other mods guys this thread was not posted as an American bashing thread but a Hollywood bashing history one so lets stick with that !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Getting back to the point of the thread. I have real doubts that the Tiger from the Tank Museum is being used? They are very protective of it....

Cheers, Ade.
    I agree. I can't see them using it and in fact I was just there recently and there was no mention of it being used in a film, something museums like to publicize.

I read somewhere that some German tanks were built from the ground up for an upcoming movie replicating the real thing in looks.

?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    At the end of the day its down to box office revenues.

If the Americans are not featured then the film wouldnt take half the money and would flop!

Although its a bitter pill to swallow sometimes it does make commercial sense.

We need to accept it and just sit back and enjoy the entertainment for what it is

Nick
    Exactly right Nick , this has applied to the possible remake of the Dambusters it won't go ahead for two reasons , one the name of Guy Gibsons dog and two the American / Hollywood networks won't finance it as they beleive they cannot sell it to the American audience becuase no Americans were involved ( actually they were , Big Joe MCcarthy ) and the British scriptwriters wouldn't comprimise on Hollywood writing Americans into the script !!

Personally i'm glad , let the original stand as a Film monument to Gibson and the boys of 617.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    I agree. I can't see them using it and in fact I was just there recently and there was no mention of it being used in a film, something museums like to publicize.

I read somewhere that some German tanks were built from the ground up for an upcoming movie replicating the real thing in looks.
    Haven't we had a guy on here advertising a a newly constrcuted Tiger somewhere in Russia ?

1st July 1916

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    There were several reasons the USA didn't leap to the aid of Britain. Poland and France etc, if people want a better insight i suggest they google "1930s United States isolationism" it really wasn't a decision that was taken lightly!...
    The actions of well known persons like Lindbergh and Ford makes for an interesting read...to say the least.

The isolationist views of Lindbergh certainly did come back and bite him in the posterior at a later date.....

?

Cheers, Ade.
    Agreed.
    Further more, if they can build a MKIV-looking tank for the movie 'War Horse,' someone surely must be able to build a prop Tiger the movie in question.
    WWI MKIV 'replica' movie tank at Bovington.

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Oh no another load of Hollywood Bollocks , i really hope that Bovington are not allowing 131 to be used !!
    Too late ! Most filming has been done

Cheers, Ade.
    Sorry Ade, looks like they are using it .

BBC News - 'Last' WW2 Tiger tank to be used in Brad Pitt film

Real WW2 tank to be used in Brad Pitt film | History Extra

Amazing! I just read the article, I'm really surprised by that. And I thought Paul was joking when he said Pitts character was called wardaddy until I just read it! That's the most ridiculous name since the supposedly rare mineral being mined in Avatar, unobtanium!lol

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast