Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

"FURY" 2014 Movie starring brad Pitt ,will be using a Real Tiger Tank !

Article about: Filming will feature The last running German WW2 Tiger Tank , I believe the Tiger in this movie is one the allies captured in Tunisia in 1943 as part of a special op endorsed by Churchill hi

Back on subject ,

I think it's worth the $13 to see

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Maybe a top British film director such as Danny Boyle or Sam Mendes should make a film about the Battle of Crete.

There were no Americans in that battle...were there?

Nick
    Hahahha no Americans there Nick, that's why it was an Allied loss mate.

Sorry couldn't help myself gents

Quote by Australia View Post
    Remember guys Hollywood "tries" to make movies that will put bums on seats.

It's all about the money!
    And a political agenda. Something I detest Hollywood for equally as much as their ignorance and revisionism of history.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    The US entered ww1 in 1917 and ended a year later, not the greatest contribution
    The US entering WW1 made all the difference as the German military new that if it was not finished quickly they were to loose. By 1917 it was a war of attrition and with the entry of the USA the numbers were now stacked in the favour of the Triple Entente. It was the beginning of the end for Imperial Germany.

Yes but the other allies were fighting that war for three years before they entered it and the us were in it for one so they can't say they were the ones that "defeated Germany"

But the USA was the main reason for Imperial Germany loosing WW1. It tilted the balance of power to an untenable position for the Central Powers.
    Germany's 1918 Spring Offensive was planned around this fact. A last ditched effort before the full capacity of the USA could come into play.

Cheers

Dave

The other allies got the war to where it was and without them the Germans would have advanced a lot farther than they had.

ok
    Thanks Dave

new preview released , looks like it will be good.

Definately worth watching although theres a woman in it !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast