MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

"FURY" 2014 Movie starring brad Pitt ,will be using a Real Tiger Tank !

Article about: Filming will feature The last running German WW2 Tiger Tank , I believe the Tiger in this movie is one the allies captured in Tunisia in 1943 as part of a special op endorsed by Churchill hi

There has been few good movies showing British troops in ww2 "Bridge over the river Kwai" Guns of Narvorne (British and Greek fighters) and A bridge too far depecting, Reddevils and Polish troops even the old longest day 1962 movie showed all sides timothy

?

Oh please ... All this Jingoism !!!!!

I see absolutely no mention of the "Central African Motion and Talkies Soul taking Image Industries" True film about D-Day.

"The Longest Saving of Private Okkuku" (In luxury Broadcast 35mm primal colours).

.. 4th June 44 .... Point Du-Hoc
    The Botswanan Catering Corp storm point Du-Hoc by helicopter, armed with only their cooking Utensils ....
    They steal the guns away by the 5th, and melt them down for scrap.

__________________________________________________ __________

A true story ...... never told before.

Newsflash !!!!! Hollywood remake ... in the pipeline !

Oh come on guys !

Any war movie is surely worth a watch

Quote by Anon View Post
    Indeed this is true, Britain was in debt to the US until 2006, which is partly why the UK went through years of Austerity after wars end.

In many ways Britain payed the price for standing up to Hitler for far longer than any nation and that besides standing alone with the Commonwealth against him for years.

But lets not get into knocking the US and let us please stick to slagging off Hollywood or this thread might be terminated.
    Anon, hi,

For accuracy sake it should be pointed out that Poland stood up to Hitler from the first day of WWII to his last. Great Britain and the Commonwealth entered WWII on 3rd September 1939 so three days fewer than Poland. Poland stood shoulder to shoulder with Britain throughout even though Britain's shoulder gave way to Stalin's caresses in Tehran.

Back to slagging Hollywood....

"Based on true events"....Hollywood is about entertainment and money making and is not in the business of presenting historical truths. Historical truths are for academics and historians so I do not get disappointed if Hollywood spins a story but I do if the story is not entertaining, after all that is what I am paying for.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by StefanM View Post
    Anon, hi,

For accuracy sake it should be pointed out that Poland stood up to Hitler from the first day of WWII to his last. Great Britain and the Commonwealth entered WWII on 3rd September 1939 so three days fewer than Poland. Poland stood shoulder to shoulder with Britain throughout even though Britain's shoulder gave way to Stalin's caresses in Tehran.

Back to slagging Hollywood....

"Based on true events"....Hollywood is about entertainment and money making and is not in the business of presenting historical truths. Historical truths are for academics and historians so I do not get disappointed if Hollywood spins a story but I do if the story is not entertaining, after all that is what I am paying for.
    Though strictly true Stefan, but Britain helped Poland stay in the war, otherwise after they were overrun that would have been the end of it if not for Britain.

Back to Hollywood, obviously it is all about suspension of disbelieve.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Anon View Post
    Though strictly true Stefan, but Britain helped Poland stay in the war, otherwise after they were overrun that would have been the end of it if not for Britain.
    I think it is widely accepted that the RAF victory in the BoB indefinitely postponed any potential invasion of the British mainland by Germany thus keeping Britain in the fight. I think it also widely accepted that Polish pilots and especially those of No. 303 Polish Fighter Squadron "Kościuszki" played a pivotal role in that victory so it is a moot point who kept who in the fight.

image.jpg

But I think it is fair to say, and we can probably agree, that until the USSR joined the allies in 1941, Poland needed Britain and Britain needed Poland. After the entry of the USSR Britain no longer needed Poland.

This is borne out by Churchill's remark to General Anders of 2PolCorps when confronted by the possibility of Polish forces being withdrawn from the battlefield by Anders after Britain's abandonment Poland to the Soviet "sphere of influence" when Churchill said to Gen. Anders " you can take your (Polish) troops we have no need of them now".
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Hence my "wit" towards the Hollywood washing machine.

Quote by StefanM View Post
    I think it is widely accepted that the RAF victory in the BoB indefinitely postponed any potential invasion of the British mainland by Germany thus keeping Britain in the fight. I think it also widely accepted that Polish pilots and especially those of No. 303 Polish Fighter Squadron "Kościuszki" played a pivotal role in that victory so it is a moot point who kept who in the fight.

image.jpg

But I think it is fair to say, and we can probably agree, that until the USSR joined the allies in 1941, Poland needed Britain and Britain needed Poland. After the entry of the USSR Britain no longer needed Poland.

This is borne out by Churchill's remark to General Anders of 2PolCorps when confronted by the possibility of Polish forces being withdrawn from the battlefield by Anders after Britain's abandonment Poland to the Soviet "sphere of influence" when Churchill said to Gen. Anders " you can take your (Polish) troops we have no need of them now".
    Not quite true as no invasion could take place whilst the Royal Navy was still in existence IMO. I would not wish to understate Polish fighters involvement in the BoB, but strictly speaking Poland did not exist anymore after the German and Soviet invasions and that was the case until the end of the cold war. Whilst Polish troops, or should that be Ex-Polish troops fought as part of the British and Commonwealth forces, they were not really the armed forces of Poland anymore. They were armed and equipped by the British, given training, food, clothing, somewhere to live and a chance to fight for their country, though sadly that did not ultimately have a successful outcome, much to the everlasting shame of the western allies IMO.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

The British did insist that the exile Poles used up their gold reserve smuggled out to Canada to equip themselves first though. .. So the story goe's ...

Anyhow .... this is tending to slip away from the main lead of this thread.

Fury the film

Indeed and I admit I probably do not know all the facts.

The film!
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast