Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

"FURY" 2014 Movie starring brad Pitt ,will be using a Real Tiger Tank !

Article about: Filming will feature The last running German WW2 Tiger Tank , I believe the Tiger in this movie is one the allies captured in Tunisia in 1943 as part of a special op endorsed by Churchill hi

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    Well I just saw the "film" but I fear that if I speak out against its so called greatness that I will be ridiculed.....
    was it no good? I'm yet to see it, I was going to dress up Fritzy in the tanker set! boots and all

Well with both Leon and Rene support here is my humble opinion.
    The film while starting with some enjoyable events quickly throws realism and reason to the wind. Suddenly the tank crew become American super soldiers who will not yield one foot to the enemy. After that the film delivers the usual war time love story before throwing realism to the wind and engaging in a final set piece battle which was so very predictable.
    Apart from that Brad Pitt, Shia LaBeouf and Jon Bernthal all have the acting potential of a brick.

My simple opinion, but please do not let if cloud your judgement of the movie if you wish to see it.

The film while starting with some enjoyable events quickly throws realism and reason to the wind. Suddenly the tank crew become American super soldiers who will not yield one foot to the enemy. After that the film delivers the usual war time love story before throwing realism to the wind and engaging in a final set piece battle which was so very predictable.
    Apart from that Brad Pitt, Shia LaBeouf and Jon Bernthal all have the acting potential of a brick.

My simple opinion, but please do not let if cloud your judgement of the movie if you wish to see it.
    Cheers Morris I'll still look forward to seeing it

Thanks for your thoughts mate, sounds a bit like a run of mill war movie, I am not sure Brad's wife agrees with your critic though! Leon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Nuno how was your expo? I hope it was a great success? no doubt it was bit of luck you have some pics to proudly show us? Sorry Nuno I jumped the gun I'm a day a head of you I'm eagerly awaiting on how your event fared
    Last edited by reneblacky; 10-20-2014 at 08:58 AM. Reason: added text

Figure it's one I will wait to download (most movies here get censored to hell especially if there is a *gasp* kiss or cuddle in it)*, then watch it through my projector with audio booming through the Bose system with a healthy glass of something alcoholic in order to suffer through the un-realistic, gung-ho, yankey-doodle-dandiness.

* not expecting too many kisses/cuddles in this mind you, but it could get lonely at times inside a tank and it is Brad Pitt in uniform after all...

I look forward to watching it on disc, I am open to enjoying it but I assume it will fall into a rather predictable format, but if the kit is good and a chance to see the Bovi tiger on screen then that must be a good thing. Who knows, maybe I'll enjoy it more than not.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hey don't forget about Nuno on this!!!!!!!! Seriously

Trond I was not specifically speaking of you but it seems a lot of people in general. They downplay our US made movies that show the typical US bravado, making them out to never kill unnecessarily.. While portraying the enemies as evil soulless villains. I will admit that many do... But I didn't feel this fit that exactly. The tankers in this movie aren't cast in the greatest light, and there is an instance of those "Evil SS, Nazi", ect ect... Being shown in a human light.

The main thing that bothers me about the way people feel about US movies is that is seems somewhat hypocritical. All of the German made movies I have seen make the German soldier out as some innocent kid swept up by the evil government fighting for their brothers. Any evil deeds forced upon them by Nazi officers. It's the same difference in my opinion.

A filmmaker isn't going to make its target audience have a feeling that its people were terrible. Just my two cents, I still like the movie, and will probably watch it again. I apologise if anyone here felt I personally meant to attack them, it was not my intent.

I cant wait to entertained by this war film !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast