Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

"FURY" 2014 Movie starring brad Pitt ,will be using a Real Tiger Tank !

Article about: Filming will feature The last running German WW2 Tiger Tank , I believe the Tiger in this movie is one the allies captured in Tunisia in 1943 as part of a special op endorsed by Churchill hi

davesap250 nailed it. Having read all of the positive feedback I was hoping to be transported back 70 years for a realistic experience of the time and events. But the realism of the sets, equipment and battle scenes were compromised by the story line. Overall I was disappointed, which always seems to be the case when going to see a movie expecting much. We'll need to wait a little longer for a film that reaches the standard set by Saving Private Ryan or Das Boot. Surprisingly my wife, who generally abhors war movies and violence in film enjoyed it, as did her girlfriends. Amazing the effect a shirtless Brad Pitt can have.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

I think that the film started off strong for what it was supposed to be, I didn't expect much authenticity from a Hollywood blockbuster type film. The characters were pretty cringe worthy and the overall ending of the film was quite tasteless. It felt like Saving Private Ryan with a realistic beginning, but another boring Hollywood standoff in the end.

?

I don't remember a trap door on the bottom of our tank , why would they put it on there?

?

Because a Sherman has a trapdoor in the bottom of the hull

All Shermans were fitted with a hatch underneath for bailing out-less vulnerable to enemy fire than getting out of the top of the vehicle-was also used for recovering wounded in exposed positions-see also the pilot episode of 'The Walking Dead' featuring the belly hatch in an M60 tank.
    Different types of tanks also feature side hatches in the lower hull for scramming out or resupply of stores in a less exposed position-early Panzer IIIs and the Churchills had them for example.

Quite.

?

Its Hollywood, what do you expect, its pure entertainment, it does,nt matter if its believable, far fetched, or whatever, look at Where Eagles Dare, great film with good actors, a totally unachievable mission, only Burton gets a scratch on his hand and half the Alpine Korps decimated by Eastwood, plus two extremely sexy women both with a good pair of lungs on them and you sit back and take the ride, watch The Audie Murphy story, part factual with bits added and HE starred in it

I can say i enjoyed the movie as...a MOVIE with some tank p*rn and with much great theatrical property.

It begun good,loud,much gore,muddy and dirty but the final scene was ofcourse very off the course....sadly that one draws down the overall toughts of the movie.

3/5

People want different things out of movies, I guess. If they try to make it look good, matching everything else up with how it would have looked/been during the period I feel it's just a waste, a lost opportunity, when they start dreaming up wildly unrealistic scenarios.

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast