Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Future collectibles

Article about: I somtimes think about what will be the collectibles of the future, in let's say 20 years and on. Will it be militaria from the Soviet war in Afghanistan(maybe already is?) Chechen war, Ex y

Default Re: Future collectibles

As I've done since a child - grab what you can and later on you'll be surprised
    my 2ct

?

Default Re: Future collectibles

As to collectibles being driven by Hollywood Adrian You do make a valuable point and I do think that this type of exposure intertwined with media exposure and local interest depending on what part of the world you live in will be a controlling factor.As stated by Derrick and I Vietnam is becoming more collectable. I must admit my own interest in Vietnam started because of my exposure to the war in film and my vague memories of it being on the nightly news as a child and from there it blossomed in to an interest on the conflict in general . I do believe to the Russian people as far the Afgan/Soviet War this interest is driven do to to there direct involvement in the war the same as the war in the Falkland Islands is to the people of England to name just two examples..

Hi Rene you are correct the jacket and trousers are an East German pattern from the late 1960,s which is a very common as you and I know and are a collectable in there own right it was the shoulder flash that caught my attention the name of the group that these patches were issued to was the Kampfgruppen der Arbeiterklasse (KdA) It was a paramilitary organization that was formed on september 29 1953 and was disbanded by the East German Parliment(Volkskammer) in late december of 1989.The unit was stricktly made up of volunteers .As to foreign service it is reported that they sent military aid to the Republic of the Congo in 1980 and offered to train the Congolese peoples military men back in East Germany as well as suppling them with equipment. There is much more information available on them on the net and I am still currently researching them.
    PS. Rene I as well pick up near anything military I see dependent on price and rarity kinda like a military packrat and add it to the hoard

Regards Mark K

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2