Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Generation War, a TV series

Article about: I run the audio through a Bose sound bar and with the subwoofer pumping, the battle scenes really jump out at you, the artillery is almost frightening!

Strange...that's the one thing I would have kept!

?

Hey Guy's, I have just caught part of an episode of this on the tv just now. Firstly it was fantastic! Really gripping, Excellent production values and acting. There is just one question I have for you all! Baring in mind I didn't see the full episode so maybe I missed something but in the episode there appeared to be an SS/SD officer commanding Wehrmacht troops in the field. Would this of happened? I thought surely not. Cheers, Sean.

Second ep just as good!!

yet to watch the last and I recon it's going to get nasty!

i like the movie's plot twist

Just a word of caution on this link....clicked it and I now have pop-up's all over the place - and I just did a full scan before I logged on here.

Cheers
    Tim

Edit: Seriously not happy on this - did another scan - got rid of 30 pop-ups and the comp is still having a hissy fit. Also deleted 4 programs that self installed.

?

Just after posting last night I watched the 2nd episode on BBC iplayer. Absolutely fantastic! I am going to watch the final part again today from the start and I am going out to buy it on blu ray in the week where then it will sit comfortably next to my band of brothers & pacific box set. Does anyone have any idea about the SS/Gestapo officer commanding Heer troops? It does not bother me if it is inaccurate, Its just the fact that if true I never knew that would have happened during the war. Cheers, Sean.

Quote by Allegra View Post
    Just a word of caution on this link....clicked it and I now have pop-up's all over the place - and I just did a full scan before I logged on here.

Cheers
    Tim
    peerblock

Edit: Seriously not happy on this - did another scan - got rid of 30 pop-ups and the comp is still having a hissy fit. Also deleted 4 programs that self installed.

Peerblock

?

The SD Officer issue is quite accurate. He is commanding an Einsatzkommando, and it is well known that Wehrmacht troops were occasionally assigned to these units. You see the same guy earlier on in the series where is in command of a group of Ukrainian auxiliaries. It is not something that Wehrmacht historians were keen to acknowledge but period documentation includes reports from Einsatzgruppen that their relations with the Army were excellent and that the Army welcomed the Einsatzgruppen hostility against the Jews.

In the series it was an effective way of showing how the young Friedhelm, not exactly a willing soldier, was gradually brutalised and became willing to participate in atrocities.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast