Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Geneology Help

Article about: I found some Imperial era German documents that contain family members that I traced and I am not sure what they are or what they say? I think they are military records and I highlighted my

Default German Geneology Help

I found some Imperial era German documents that contain family members that I traced and I am not sure what they are or what they say? I think they are military records and I highlighted my relatives names in red in the pictures.
    Any help deciphering these would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

Default Re: German Geneology Help

Is this post in the right area? Does anyone have any recommendations for info?
    Thanks again

I'm in the process of learning German, but I can barley see anything. It may be just from my phone. Could you take closer pictures. It appears he may been a top lieutenant and kemp -. leader, but I'm not positive. That's all I can see.

- - Updated - -

If so, that's very interesting. I would do further research. Well, I'd do further research no matter what, in fact.

Thank you the Oberleutnant and Kemp Fuhrer are about the only words I can make out besides names and dates, the pictures are bigger on the computer you have to click them and they enlarge. The first two are of different people, and the last three I think are all the same person.

Sorry I can't help further. Reading German from the tr period is a individual task in itself. Top that with every word is somewhat blurry due to I'm using my phone, and it makes it next to impossible for to me to help. I truly hope one of our German members or german speaking members can help; hopefully they are using a computer, not a phone.
    Good luck, seems to be very interesting. Your own family history is more valuable than even hitler tunic IMO.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Sorry I can't help further. Reading German from the tr period is a individual task in itself. Top that with every word is somewhat blurry due to I'm using my phone, and it makes it next to impossible for to me to help. I truly hope one of our German members or german speaking members can help; hopefully they are using a computer, not a phone.
    Good luck, seems to be very interesting. Your own family history is more valuable than hitler tunic IMO.
    Thanks I agree finding family history is quite rewarding, or obtaining objects from them. Unfortunately I know very little about my family before they crossed the pond.

?

Wow great documents,where did you find these? Old German is a real bitch to read and i have problems with the new stuff. On top the first three rows are rank,name and birth date. but the real good stuff has to be in the yellow ones i see more information like possible birth place and parents names( I am just reading the headings the cursive stuff is really hard)...best of luck I think you really found some important pieces of the puzzle

Well I think I found the location of the very last picture whom I am now guessing is a different guy than the two pictures above it. Otto Friedrich Wilhelm Gluth is listed to have been from Belgard (in 1898 then part of the German Empire) or modern day Białogard in Poland.
    And thanks for the help kgrunt.