Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Quality. really ?

Article about: Hello Folk's my intention here is for a bit of fun discussion on LACK of quality, on things you might expect better. for ( original WW2 ) items, or atleast thought to be original. i would li

?

Default German Quality. really ?

Hello Folk's
    my intention here is for a bit of fun discussion on LACK of quality, on things you might expect better. for ( original WW2 ) items, or atleast thought to be original.
    i would like to see members post odd ball items that they own, or have just found pictures of. just to show how the quality we usually expect of things, may not always be the case.
    this is not ment to be a value appraisel or if you would want to own it or not. just a realistic look at the lack of quality in some original things.
    please post pic's or link's'
    i'll start it off with the SS prof. badge. a beautyfull looking badge from the front, a rare item, but look at how the runes attach to the back. not knowing, i have passed on a couple of these over the years, only based on how the back looks. not even close to the quality i expected. but now after some research, it seems it is correct. but seeing bent over pins, instead of rivits ? kind of makes you want to put it down and walk away.
    next will be an Assman RO/AG that will give you nightmares.
    have fun with this thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Default Re: German Quality. really ?

Assmann usually has great quality items. i came across this badge while doing some research. scares me to death. not just it's looks, but the price it's being sold for. $1,550.00. notice around the lightning bolts, yikes ! what happend there ? zoom in for a good look.

?

Here is one for the helmet guy's
    i think this bird crashed once.

?

Interesting premise. I suspect most will claim that low-quality is repro. First battle is to get agreement on original, and then start pointing out flaws.

I recently posted my Puma made panther sword. Not clear in the pics, but the area around the eagle's head on the ricasso were not cast/routed out well. At first I was worried it was a repro, but not many faked panther swords. All that have examined consider it a period item.

Will be watching this thread.

?

post a good pic of it doc, your sword is good. but your right about the is or is it not real. so we will just go from here.
    here are some pic's i procured some place. lol. keeping in mind unusuall. and not the norm. here is the german fighting force.
    last guy is an Indonesian in the Dutch SS, the PURITY of the SS ??
    jump in any time folks.

?

OK, pic attached. When I first obtained the area to the left of the head was filled in. I cleaned it up a bit, and then opted to leave as is... First pic is as obtained; sorry, low res.

great thread, iv always wondered how many genuine ww2 items get dismissed as fakes because the quality is perhaps poorer than expected??

?

... or how many fakes (flochs) are accepted as real for having high-quality. There is a thread about defending one's self here. Just scanned but gist seems to be, buy what makes you happy and be darned the opinions of others. Some merit there, unless historical significance is what makes you happy.

If I were to buy any more badges it would be because the the seller believed them to be fakes, and prices accordingly, while I think them real. IOW, pay a fake price and get real is a win win. Pay a real price and get fake, you do the math.

regards

At Andrew's suggestion, I am posting a picture of four germans on the russian front. They have a real mix of weapons and uniforms. The man on the left is holding what I believe to be a russian submachine gun. I have seen other photos of German's with Russian machine pistols. Many German's must have thought that they were superior to German issue.

hi i beleive the sub machine gun is a ppsh 41 i think the germans liked it for its high magazine capacity and its reliability ade has a mean collection of russian small arms he would be able to tell you more regards duncan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast