Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

German WW2 Y straps seized at customs

Article about: Hey guys! Australian customs have placed my German Y straps into quarantine because they deem them to be "used horse accessory"! I realise that customs have an important job to do,

Default Re: German WW2 Y straps seized at customs

Lithgow is spot on with his assessment, we are very lucky in Australia to be free of many pests and diseases that are found throughout the world so vigilance is important to keep it that way. As fat as Y straps go, there is no doubt that the customs fellas believed they were a bridle or something similar, how many "ordinary" people would think the same, it's only us militaria freaks that know immediately what they are at one glance!lol

I wonder if 70 years ago, the German soldats ever had a clue that someday their equipment that they cursed and shouldered across many a mile of European mud would be mistaken for Horse equipment! No doubt, more than a few of them would have Agreed with it!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Y straps arrived in the post this morning with a nice fat yellow "cleared by quarantine" sticker on the front! My faith in Australian customs has returned!

Yep getting stuff into this country is so hard, must be the strictest on the planet. I would be buying all sorts of stuff but i know half of want i want will be seized

You should see the hassles i went though when i attempted to get a renderd AK-47 into the country. I gave up! The amount of things you have to do and they when you finally get permission, it must only be used for movie prop then destroyed or exported as soon as possible.
    As soon as they hear AK47 they instantly have a hate on even if decommisioned to Australian standard

There was a seller on here last year with a relic Mg34 for 300 euros. I would have pounced in a heartbeat if I could get it into the country. But I can't take the stress of the inquisition!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi Guys,
    Let me know what your after and I am happy to try and get the stuff to you if its possible. As previously stated I have a few collectors in Australia and I know the deals can take a little while longer to conclude than sending kit to other countries. It all comes down to knowing your Customs office and its staff at the end of the day. I was sending mortar bomba and the like to a chap out there, he's do the paperwork and wait for the permits to come through and then I would ship the kit with the permits attached and that seemed to work fine.
    D.

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Let me know what your after and I am happy to try and get the stuff to you if its possible. As previously stated I have a few collectors in Australia and I know the deals can take a little while longer to conclude than sending kit to other countries. It all comes down to knowing your Customs office and its staff at the end of the day. I was sending mortar bomba and the like to a chap out there, he's do the paperwork and wait for the permits to come through and then I would ship the kit with the permits attached and that seemed to work fine.
    D.
    Tks for the offer Damien - will keep it in mind.
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3