Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German WWII stamp for sale?

Article about: Hi, I'm looking for a German WWII stamp with eagle and swastica (original of course). Do you know where I can buy such an item from?

Question German WWII stamp for sale?

Hi,

I'm looking for a German WWII stamp with eagle and swastica (original of course).

Do you know where I can buy such an item from?

Quote by Hoggorm View Post
    Hi,

I'm looking for a German WWII stamp with eagle and swastica (original of course).

Do you know where I can buy such an item from?
    There are many fakes in the market place. When seeing a post like yours, one wonders if the intention is to use it on fake material. Nothing personal but that is how it comes across.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

A paper stamp or a rubber stamp? NH

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    There are many fakes in the market place. When seeing a post like yours, one wonders if the intention is to use it on fake material. Nothing personal but that is how it comes across.
    I'm not really sure what you are accusing me of here...? Did I post my question at the wrong forum? What do you mean by "use it on fake material"?

I've been looking for an original stamp for some time, but find it hard because many appear to be fakes. After some googling I found this website:

Stamps for sale - iOffer

Most of the stamps here are fakes, and are even being sold as reproductions. That do not interest me. A few however claims to be original. Like this one:

German Nazi stamp of the Third Reich for sale

Since I have no idea I'm asking you guys. I'd like to buy an original stamp - not a fake one.

This one claims to be original, but the seller admits he do not know. What do you say?

Old German Stamp Cavalry Waffen-SS for sale

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    A paper stamp or a rubber stamp? NH
    I'm not really sure. Where they not made in metal of some sort? I was looking for something like the two in the links above. Or do I misunderstand what you ask me?

Postage stamp versus ink stamp was my question. Your are looking for an ink stamper sometimes referred to as a rubber stamp. The link for the Cavalry Waffen-SS stamp includes the language "looks old and original but I am not an expert...no returns!" Let that sink in for a minute and decide if the item is original or not. These are often faked and constitute a real mine field for collectors. I would avoid Ioffer. I don't know of any dealers that specialize in such ink stampers. Maybe another member has some ideas. NH

?

Hoggorm... You could try "German War Booty" John has a few for sale.... Just post here before buying for assurance.... G
    P.S.... In the "Other German Items" section....
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

[QUOTE=Hoggorm;1653825]I'm not really sure what you are accusing me of here...? [QUOTE]

You have to understand our questions.
    You' re new member with few posts, you ask for specific items.
    Who can create False/true documents and fall in the dark side of the collection.

A lot of people here, spend a huge time to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Quote by remss View Post
    You have to understand our questions.
    You' re new member with few posts, you ask for specific items.
    Who can create False/true documents and fall in the dark side of the collection.
    No, I really do not understand... I ask for help finding places to buy original stamps. I do specify original. I turned to you guys hoping you were able to help since I've been skeptical to the authenticity to every item I've found on the internet myself.

I do not see the difference in looking for a stamp compared to looking for a helmet, Iron Cross or other medal.

I ask for specific items because I'm looking for a stamp with the eagle (quite specific yes) (Hence the SS feldmütze RZM stamp mentioned below is not interesting at the moment). I think of it as the same as if you are looking for an Iron Cross 1st class, but I'm looking for any Iron Crosses. It is just different interests.

You claim my low number of posts is a warning sign to you. If you'd cared to take a look at what threads I've started you will see that every single one of them is related to finding out if an item is original or not. I really do not understand what you fear I might do with such a stamp, but if you suspect that I'd use it to produce fake documents I can only imagine it would be cheaper to buy a fake stamp as well and not an original...?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Hoggorm... You could try "German War Booty" John has a few for sale.... Just post here before buying for assurance.... G
    P.S.... In the "Other German Items" section....
    Thank you for the advice. What do you think about this stamp? Is it real or fake?

SA der N.S.D.A.P. Reiter Standarte 151 Saarbrücken Wood/Aluminum Stamp

Quote by Hoggorm View Post
    No, I really do not understand... I ask for help finding places to buy original stamps. I do specify original. I turned to you guys hoping you were able to help since I've been skeptical to the authenticity to every item I've found on the internet myself.

I do not see the difference in looking for a stamp compared to looking for a helmet, Iron Cross or other medal.

I ask for specific items because I'm looking for a stamp with the eagle (quite specific yes) (Hence the SS feldmütze RZM stamp mentioned below is not interesting at the moment). I think of it as the same as if you are looking for an Iron Cross 1st class, but I'm looking for any Iron Crosses. It is just different interests.

You claim my low number of posts is a warning sign to you. If you'd cared to take a look at what threads I've started you will see that every single one of them is related to finding out if an item is original or not. I really do not understand what you fear I might do with such a stamp, but if you suspect that I'd use it to produce fake documents I can only imagine it would be cheaper to buy a fake stamp as well and not an original...?

Thank you for the advice. What do you think about this stamp? Is it real or fake?

SA der N.S.D.A.P. Reiter Standarte 151 Saarbrücken Wood/Aluminum Stamp
    Calm down. No one is trying to pillory you. I think you have honestly answered the question. We are always on guard against individuals who come to this forum to gain information how to manufacture fakes. It has happened many times before. As to the stamp you show, I personally do not care for it.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast