Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Getting back into the Hobby , where do i start?. Thank you.

Article about: Hi All , i am wanting to get back into collecting ww2 German Militaria , however i have forgotten all the decent websites as i want to avoid the so many fake items flooding the market , with

?

Default Getting back into the Hobby , where do i start?. Thank you.

Hi All , i am wanting to get back into collecting ww2 German Militaria , however i have forgotten all the decent websites as i want to avoid the so many fake items flooding the market , with respect could anyone assist on best websites to buy from that have genuine items and a large range of stock?. Was one of the good ones lakesidetrader?. That one rings a bell , i am sure i purchased from them back in the day. Thank you all in advance , kindest regards , Stuart.

Hi Stuart,

Good place is the classified ads on the forum, at least you know it's good stuff. The rest of the advice depends on what your looking for ? All collectors have good and bad stories about dealers so I guess go onto Militaria mart in the uk and work your way through the dealer list to start with. Then post what ya like on here to see what the guys come back with regarding the item.

Can't go wrong then....................good luck.

cheers

Tony

Hi Stuart,,

Can only echo what Spandau has said...

There are some great members on here who try to vet an item for members before money is wasted on junk.. Search around here and don't be afraid to ask questions and if you do find something, we only ask that you post some good quality pictures of the item so that it can be reviewed by our knowledgeable members..

Smitty

MAP
    ?

German War Booty, Lakeside, Whitman, Griffin Militaria, Eagle Relics, Ruptured Duck, Collectors Guild, Emedal, WardMilitaria, Fortunes of War....etc. etc. No dealer is perfect but these have good reps and are honorable. (some of these are sponsors here as well.)

For Helmets.....check out post #4 of this link

Australia Helmet Dealers

But as Tony noted, no matter who the dealer...if you are unsure or want a 4 eyes check, always post first.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thank you Gentlemen , i am thinking of starting off small with Badges / awards and buckles. Will have a good look. Much appreciate the replies.

MAP
    ?

Quote by jimm View Post
    Thank you Gentlemen , i am thinking of starting off small with Badges / awards and buckles. Will have a good look. Much appreciate the replies.
    Small in size maybe but not always small in price LoL! Best of luck. And let the fun begin.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)