Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ghosts

Article about: I didn't find a thread regarding things like this in general. I would like to hear your stories. Ever had a ghost with the item you bought? Things like this really dont scare me, as one of m

Default Ghosts

I didn't find a thread regarding things like this in general. I would like to hear your stories. Ever had a ghost with the item you bought? Things like this really dont scare me, as one of my "hobbies" is urban exploration, so I photographed dozens of abandoned buildings and kind of have become "immune" to scary ghost stories, as I have never encountered one. I still believe that there is something else than us humans.
    My father, his sister, and my grandparents always tell me about their ghost experiences in the house they lived in the seventies.

Default Re: Ghosts

My wifes parents live in a village by an old WW2 Lancaster bomber airfield (RAF Dalton) . Many of the villagers report the sound of Merlin engines in the dead of night!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

We had such a thread a wile back...
    It contained enough story's to inspire a Hollywood producer for a bunch of new movies...
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Yes I remember that thread ..... stories of "Haunted Underpants" ...

Quote by stuka f View Post
    We had such a thread a wile back...
    It contained enough story's to inspire a Hollywood producer for a bunch of new movies...
    |<

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Sounds like a Richard Kimmel type of thread...............

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

A colleague of my good lady lives on the Austrian/Czech border, in a house that was used by the Gestapo. The house backs onto a small wood which at night, can be rather spooky to say the least. The classic "footsteps in the attic" noises are often heard and on one occasion, whilst walking (in the afternoon) through the woods to the rear of the house, she heard what she described as "German soldiers making there way through the trees".

My Mother asks me all the time to donate or sell our family's militaria, she says she can feel an overwhelming grief from the room in which they are held.

?

I actually got a story from a Russian digger yesterday. He don't dig war relics any longer. Quite tall guy, skinny and had some shaking/body tics of some kind. Story was he found a dead German soldier digging. On the soldier was a cross(Christian) The digger took this with him, and as far as i understood, he was also wearing it. He started to dream about this soldier who was telling him that he needed the cross to go to church and so on. The digger guy's health also started to deteriorate to some extend. Finally he contacted a priest who helped him returning the cross, and blessed the soldiers grave. Dreams stopped he said, but his health was in bad shape.

Maybe he only had a bad concience and the cross was infected with some bacteria, but inteesting story none the less.

Interesting stories you have. The funny thing is that nothing ever happened to me while photographing abandonments, as they can also have a horrible history. An example is the house 1km from where I live. It was built before WW2. A married couple lived in the house, Betta and Yrjö. Yrjö died of natural reasons in 1974 or 1975. His wife, Betta, was shot in the head by her grandson by accident in 1976 while she was being washed by her granddaughter, right in front of the house. I was a little bit scared when I first went photographing the house, but nothing paranormal happened, and I was happy with the pictures. Well... Only bad luck that is more funny.
    It was during winter when I went there first, so I had only a few hours of daylight. First time I went there, my camera did not have batteries in it. Second time I had batteries, but they were empty. Third time I had full batteries but it was too cold (around -35c, pretty common up here) for the batteries to function properly. On the fourth time, I had the camera wrappen in a wool scarf inside a bag to keep it warm, but it had become pretty dark, as the sun had nearly set.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast