Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ghosts

Article about: I didn't find a thread regarding things like this in general. I would like to hear your stories. Ever had a ghost with the item you bought? Things like this really dont scare me, as one of m

Default Re: Ghosts

Quote by greimers View Post
    My Mother asks me all the time to donate or sell our family's militaria, she says she can feel an overwhelming grief from the room in which they are held.
    You mother is right!!
    Selling would leave a bad karma on the room where they were held. A donation is good!!
    I'll PM you to give my adress for the donation. (lol!!)
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

I just love ghost stories! The story Datrus told was the best so far, creepy! If you don't mind I'll post it in my own words on another detecting forum, 'cause they have a special thread for these things.
    I never had any ghosts or things happen to me, although I do have some creepy items in my collection like ww I gravestones and items from graves.
    I do find some places in the woods very creepy when I go out with the detector, as if I can feel a present of pain and agony. I know some spots I'll never go back to, well not on my own.

?

Quote by Feuerbach View Post
    I just love ghost stories! The story Datrus told was the best so far, creepy! If you don't mind I'll post it in my own words on another detecting forum, 'cause they have a special thread for these things.
    I never had any ghosts or things happen to me, although I do have some creepy items in my collection like ww I gravestones and items from graves.
    I do find some places in the woods very creepy when I go out with the detector, as if I can feel a present of pain and agony. I know some spots I'll never go back to, well not on my own.
    Hehe. We also have places in Russia form where peopleare not happy going back to. One guy says he hard groans and shouts for help in a spot where they camped 3 days. Never experienced para normal things my self though.

Further to my last post:

Where I live I am surrounded by disused (and operational) WW2 Bomber airfields and many ghost stories are often told in the local pubs. Here is one of my favourites:

' The Metheringham Lass'

....... just before the end of the Second World War when a young RAF aircrew Flight Sergeant stationed at RAF Metheringham and his fiancee were riding on his motor cycle after being to the local dance. The Royal Enfield motor cycle skidded on the wet road surface and crashed close to the place where the apparition appears.

The Flight Sergeant riding the machine is believed to have escaped with minor injuries but the girl was thrown from the bike and killed outright suffering head and neck injuries.

The accounts of the haunting have some common facts : It is always after dark and between 9.30 and 10 pm and some say its on dark misty February nights when she makes an appearance bringing with her the fragrance of lavender. This very solid appearance and sentient apparition has stopped cyclists, motorists and pedestrians as they have passed on the B1189 asking for their assistance. The tale that is described has always been the same : that her fiance has skidded his motor cycle and is lying injured just a short way further down the road.

On investigation of the area that the girl indicates, nothing is ever found and the distressed girl simply just disappears. But as she does so there are reports of an inexplicable fear, panic or sense of unreality. Whether this emanates from a spirit in turmoil or from the natural state of shock of the witness cannot be gauged.
    .... details from one sighting, by one Charles Espin, that ;
    "I could not see her eyes, or horribly, no eyes in the sockets at all, the frontal skull orbits were empty!"

....... when she vanishes she leaves the smell of putrefaction behind : however he seems alone in this for most if not all witnesses have alleged that she is merely accompanied by the smell of Lavender perfume.

The apparition is universally described as wearing a pale green coat with an RAF wings badge pinned to her lapel and a grey or a light blue chiffon scarf covering her hair. Her hair is usually described as reddish-brown or russet.

The BBC Lincolnshire/Unexplained/Sightings website, described a rare personal sighting of this apparition at RAF Metheringham :
    We drove to see what was all the gossip was about, we were scared because of all the talk that the lass knocks on the window and appears to have no eyes. We heard a big bang coming from the left as we looked we saw a lady in a green jacket, long brown curly hair walking across the runway and then disappeared. we got out to see what it was and we could smell really strong Lavender!!

Mark, who Lives in the area of the Metheringham Airfield and helps out at the Metheringham Airfield visitor centre wrote on Sun 23 Apr 2006 that he gets to hear about this particular ghost quite a bit, adds:
    “Only yesterday at the visitor centre I was chatting to an old gentleman who claimed to have seen the ghost of the young lady.“

This by the very nature of the haunting, is far far more than any mere recording of a past event - or eerie tale to be amused by as featured in the worst of the popular literature.

It warrants more serious study - it is a case of genuine phenomena, witnessed by more than one individual at a time and therefore not hallucination, it features auditory and olfactory elements and displays clear sentience in action.
    Last edited by Woolgar; 09-10-2011 at 12:47 PM.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Not realy a ghost story, but I can ashure you it scared the s*** out of one!
    When younger I was working at a raffinery in the dock's of the port of Antwerp.
    We had thise huge plant with several huge tanks containing all sorts of petrol derivated products, every shift somebody had to do a inspection round of all them tanks on a bicycle.
    So one time during the night shift I hidden myself some where at the very end of the factory ground, far from lights and noises to appear in front of my collegue doing his inspection round....dressed as a gorilla, a suit I had hired for a carnival party the day before!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Stickgrenade, that's a nice story! It sounds like a disappearing hitchhiker story stuka f, everybody loves scare pranks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2