Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Glass Slides. The Canadian Army 1939, kinda funny!!!

Article about: Sometime ago I bought a pile of Canadian Army training glass slides, I am just starting to look at them, well the few boxes ( most are loose) are improperly marked, so it is always a surpris

?

Default Glass Slides. The Canadian Army 1939, kinda funny!!!

Sometime ago I bought a pile of Canadian Army training glass slides, I am just starting to look at them, well the few boxes ( most are loose) are improperly marked, so it is always a surprise when I see what I have.

I have picked 3 and TRIED to Photo them..it's the best I can do at this time, but I will work out a better way to do others as I find interesting ones.
    One shows a Canadian 1939 ( at the very beginning of the War) Kit issue room, probably in an Armoury
    The next 2 show our armoured Trucks/Tanks Kinda funny now, but ment something back then as we had so few.
    I understand that when the war began, we had less that 20 BRENs in Canada, and the Soldiers used wooden ones until the real thing got here.

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

SLDS 013.jpgSLDS 012.jpgSLDS 011.jpgSLDS 009.jpgSLDS 008.jpgSLDS 001.jpgSLDS 007.jpgSLDS 002.jpg

Scan them and then reverse the image and you'll have a picture. Looks like interesting stuff.

Indeed Canada was terribly short on weapons at the start of the war. I remember a vet telling me how they would drill with broom sticks down at the exhibition grounds in Toronto.