Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

GOD BLESS On This Somber Day!

Article about: My heart goes out to everyone who died on that day, and also to those who have died premature deaths in any situation, for any reason, and from any country.

Default Re: GOD BLESS On This Somber Day!

My heart goes out to everyone who died on that day, and also to those who have died premature deaths in any situation, for any reason, and from any country.

There were more than just Americans who perished, RIP to them all. The world changed that day

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

R.i.p.

My very little personn was so schocked,than slowly ,years after ,i began to collect memorabilia from the WTC,ho, nothing exceptionnal,just tickets from the windows of the world,matches ,souvenir coins,plans and ads for the WTC.I bidded on a menu from the restaurant,signed by all the employees,finally failed to purchase it ,and it was after all a good thing.Too heavy to hold,i think i could have feel like a voyeur of the pain of these people,surely some of them dead that doomed day.
    I'm doing some "art" works,when i have time.Geometrical forms,very basical .This one i called it "harbour",and i think that the WTC inspired it.
    Today i will have a great thought for my American friends ,and i 'm sure France will do the same.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Watching shows on it now and reliving it. I've never seen a lot of the footage but it does feel like yesterday still. I will NEVER forget!!!!

- - Updated - -

Quote by sebfrench76 View Post
    My very little personn was so schocked,than slowly ,years after ,i began to collect memorabilia from the WTC,ho, nothing exceptionnal,just tickets from the windows of the world,matches ,souvenir coins,plans and ads for the WTC.I bidded on a menu from the restaurant,signed by all the employees,finally failed to purchase it ,and it was after all a good thing.Too heavy to hold,i think i could have feel like a voyeur of the pain of these people,surely some of them dead that doomed day.
    I'm doing some "art" works,when i have time.Geometrical forms,very basical .This one i called it "harbour",and i think that the WTC inspired it.
    Today i will have a great thought for my American friends ,and i 'm sure France will do the same.
    My friend's father was having breakfast at Windows On The World that day. Sadly, he was done from the beginning!! I know way too many FF, Police, and civilians who perished on that day. It has always motivated me to protect the U.S.!!

RIP I remember it well too surprisingly, I was in fourth grade when my teacher started crying I was shocked. Needless to say when I got home, we did not celebrate my mothers birthday...

Now you're making some of us feel old! I'm glad that you remember and will never forget!

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    There were more than just Americans who perished, RIP to them all. The world changed that day

Nick
    Citizens from at least 90 countries were MURDERED by those THUGS that day!

?

Quote by Good Pwny View Post
    God Bless all who perished 11 years ago today and the men and women in uniform who made, and continue to make the ultimate sacrifice!!!
    Amen to that.

I can remember that day all too clearly. I also remember it from personal experience.

We were booked to go to N.Y. just a couple of weeks after these events took place as a surprise trip for my Father's 80th birthday.

It was a strange experience, feeling so close to it via the television yet also being somehow detached as it was a long way away and then suddenly seeing the the exact same thing in real life that had filled our tv screens over the preceding weeks.
    Being able to see and smell the burning remains of the WTC, seeing the hearses drive out of the site, the raw grief of families looking for their missing loved ones, the thousands of missing persons notices, the dust coating everything. It was a very emotional experience.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I made it up half way on the NJ turnpike going North to NY when I found out that all the bridges were shut down. I turned around and found out that the ripple effect affected Center City Philadelphia. Everyone there in the High rise business district was trying to get out of the city,, and the streets were jammed there. It was easy going in,, but manuevering about was impossible. Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast