Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

going in Barcelona

Article about: I will go in Barcelona next week.Is there something interesting to find there about ww2?

Default going in Barcelona

I will go in Barcelona next week.Is there something interesting to find there about ww2?

Default Re: going in Barcelona

Hi Herrzak,

I've been to Barcelona many times, but unfortunately, nothing WWII oriented in the city as far as I know. You can still see battle damage from the Civil War downtown and around the city. There are some battle sites just a few hours away in southern France, or if you had the time, a nine hour express train ride could get you down to Gibralter, where there are nice WWII British fortifications. Enjoy your trip, Spain is a beautiful country with friendly people.

Jay

Thank you very much for the advices.I googled and saw that there are some antique shops.Maybe i will take a look

Down at the harbour opposite las Ramblas you will find antique market stalls, they often have WW2 items but the fact its Barcelona & the Pound/Euro is rubbish then you & I both know it wont be cheap!
    Have a great time. The nightlife is fun

I would have thought that if one was going to Spain then it would be for Spanish Civil War 1936-39 shopping-has a connection to WW2 as the Germans, Italians, French & Soviets were involved both as participants & suppliers of equipment, some of which remained in Spanish service for many years after.

Quote by bikerboyzx6r View Post
    Down at the harbour opposite las Ramblas you will find antique market stalls, they often have WW2 items but the fact its Barcelona & the Pound/Euro is rubbish then you & I both know it wont be cheap!
    Tell me about it!
    I was there about five years ago, and spotted a standard 1939 EK2 on the above mentioned market stalls...

price?....

€225!!

... I didn't buy.

Regards - Danny

Quote by bikerboyzx6r View Post
    Thanks for the advice.I found it.it was in the main Cathedral's (saint eulalia) square.Every thursday from morning until 9 oclock in the night.I found many German 3 reich medals (some with 3 euros.Sure fake of course), spanish medals from civil war and some expensive one (250 euros.But maybe real.)I bought some spanish coins only (one from 1941, 1953 with francos face and one from1877.I bought them only 3 euros)